The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Small Bear set of OC75's for a Tone Bender. I'm never going to do it myself at this rate of procrastination. What builder in Canada or even the US could take the transistors I have and build them into an off the wall rad fuzz pedal?

·
Premium Member
28,370 Posts
What are you calling "build"? Is installing them onto a board and leaving the connection of wires on the board to external componentsup to you "building", or are you looking for something more complete?

·
Banned
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate it but I was thinking of guys who are doing full time, or something close to that. I considered sending Arcane an email this morning but didn't get around to it. I also played a couple of things from Scotty at ProAnalog recently that were pretty cool.

·
Banned
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm pretty sure you posted the same thing on TGP. Coincidentally, I was just reading that thread before seeing yours here. Some guy replied saying essentially what I just said, so I thought I'd be creepy.
I did. Well played. Sadly, I don;t think the soaring tortoise is gonna do it for me. Just not my cup of tea.

I did briefly make contact with Arcane and checked out a couple of other suggestions provided to me.

·
Premium Member
8,894 Posts
I did. Well played. Sadly, I don;t think the soaring tortoise is gonna do it for me. Just not my cup of tea.

I did briefly make contact with Arcane and checked out a couple of other suggestions provided to me.
Yeah, his stuff is out there - did you see the dolls that you need to move the arms to adjust the sound?

Anyway, the one arcane pedal I have is absolutely killer. It's a forever pedal.

·
Banned
13,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, his stuff is out there - did you see the dolls that you need to move the arms to adjust the sound?

Anyway, the one arcane pedal I have is absolutely killer. It's a forever pedal.
I saw the dolls and a few other things, good and bad but not what I'm after at the moment. I like what Arcane does with the metal etching and I like some of the components he uses. I have pretty much everything I need to build this pedal at home but its only a few bucks worth of parts and in the end I'll treat it like such. If I have it built for me to look pro I'll probably sound better, in fact I know I will. Tone is in the look of something, an angel told me. I'm hating that the fancy 75's, the only parts that were tougher to source, just sit because I always put other projects ahead of it.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I saw the dolls and a few other things, good and bad but not what I'm after at the moment. I like what Arcane does with the metal etching and I like some of the components he uses. I have pretty much everything I need to build this pedal at home but its only a few bucks worth of parts and in the end I'll treat it like such. If I have it built for me to look pro I'll probably sound better, in fact I know I will. Tone is in the look of something, an angel told me. I'm hating that the fancy 75's, the only parts that were tougher to source, just sit because I always put other projects ahead of it.
Yes, but it's an inverse relationship. We all know this Rat

sounds better than this Rat

Product Technology Electronic device

Just look at how much more the first one's been stepped on! Must be betterer.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
You could try Jeff Butcher in Sydney, NS - I have a Maritime Analog Tonebender he did which is off the hook, bodaciously great sounding and very versatile to boot. He did his with NOS Russian transistors, but I'm sure he could make a killer fuzz with your OC75's if the gain/leakage values are decent.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.