The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading all the recent articles and threads here on Frankenstien and Blackie, I decided that after I caught up on all my work that I was going to put together a piece of crap using all of the extra junk that I have laying around the shop. The theame was that it was going to be really ghetto, and I would flog it for 25 grand and throw in a Swedish Erotica DVD from the '70's.

So I gather up all the junk that I've done terrible things to, and bolt it all together. I give it a real ghetto shielding job and string it up using only old crappy strings that I have laying around.

The body is painted with a $4 rattle can, and it wasn't sealed first - some parts only have a bit of overspray. It used to have a trem system, but it has been blocked in - but its not level with the rest of the body (in the back). A hand cut was started on the back, but never finished and the pickup cavity had been boated out freehand.

The neck was not too bad but it had a few high frets that I did a quick ghetto dress on. The pickguard assembly came from a cheap starter line that I was working on a few years back (in fact most of the parts did, but they were all from different guitars and were different sizes). The bridge and tuners were just test parts that were laying around.

So I spent about 10 minutes setting it up and when I start to play it - I like it. Its the only guitar I have that has just single coils and even though the three of them combined are worth like six bucks, you can coax some pretty cool sounds out of them.

I'm almost tempted to put a new set of strings on it........nah

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
Good one, nice satire.
I think...

If I offer you 26,000 for it, will you give me some picks and the new strings you were tempted to put on it?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Gee, I'm conflicted. I really want that guitar, but there's this 1978 Chrysler Cordoba for sale on Ebay for 7000$ that I also really want. :tongue:

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
The problem is that, it looks white, but not like trash. Maybe if you took some kraft cheeses slices, tore them up, threw them randomly on the body, and then took a propane torch....

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Throw it on the floor a few times, burn it with some cigarettes, put it on Ebay and ask at least $20,000.00 for it. :wink:

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
geez mr.hamm- its perfect! i have very ghetto sensibilities- pretty much all my stuff is ghetto, or if not it will be after a while.
can i borrow it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll give you 20 bucks for it, as I finish courses in uni soon and I need to occupy my time for a few weeks lol, and that looks like just the thing.

·
Premium Member
16,795 Posts
DVD's werent available in the 70's... nice guirat tho :p

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
I'll give you 20 bucks for it, as I finish courses in uni soon and I need to occupy my time for a few weeks lol, and that looks like just the thing.
I already offered 26,000...:smile:
I'd have gone up to 27 if a famous guitar player had used it...:smile:
Well, depending which famous guitarist.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm offering one million dollars.

One million Zimbabwe dollars.

At their current inflation rate, I'll be able to pick up that much worthless paper - I mean Zimbabwe currency - by exchanging the coinage stuffed down behind the seats of my car.

At present ( as of 5 minutes ago) a loaf of bread in Zimbabwe costs $135,000.

A six-pack costs about half a mil.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts