The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a video on YouTube the other day when an ad played by an Austin based band. It seems that they have been plugging away for around 12 years as this is their 8th album. I am normally for something a little more hard hitting but there is something about this eclectic quartet that I like. Check out some of their other vids. A couple are no go zones for me but I liked quite a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I was watching a movie this evening and really liked a song from the soundtrack. I came to the forum to see if there was any mention of them. Apparently I forgot about this thread. LOL!

Listened to a few songs tonight, and while not everything is my cup of tea, I feel it would grow on me.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
So far they are one of those bands that I like sporadically in a random play list, but less when I sit down and listen to an entire album.

They are good, a bit to derivative at times, but definely something there.

TG

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
Bass player looks like a young Paul Goddard (Atlanta Rhythm Section).

I had a pair of white denim jeans in my teens.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a pair of white denim jeans in my teens.
I hope you never wore them after labour day.

A few of the songs try a little too hard to be trippy, for lack of a better word. I feel they would be stronger songs if they just rocked out on them.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Derivative of many different pop styles, for sure, but well done and fresh enough. Exactly what I strive for myself. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I was watching a video on YouTube the other day when an ad played by an Austin based band. It seems that they have been plugging away for around 12 years as this is their 8th album. I am normally for something a little more hard hitting but there is something about this eclectic quartet that I like. Check out some of their other vids. A couple are no go zones for me but I liked quite a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool. I'm getting a QOTSA + Lenny Kravitz vibe off it. But that's just me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts