The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently started back playing some classical pieces such as the hall of the mountain king and bouree in Em.

I am just wondering what are some of the more popular classical songs to play on classical guitar i.e. which songs would most intermediate players learn.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,931 Posts
Canon In D, Malaguena, Fur Elise, Sleepers Awake, Pastoral, Trumpet Voluntary, Trumpet Tune, Bourree (Handel, Bach)...

Or...

Rather than specific pieces, and I don't disagree with what's already been suggested, one might consider repertoire. I have a few books of "easy" classical pieces which I much prefer to play through than a few harder pieces. Have a couple of showy tunes for when they're appropriate, but don't underestimate the value of many basic tunes for the purposes of filling in time. On a number of occasions I've been glad of the basic stuff, like when having the wedding prelude and postlude times doubled, being surprised by having incidental music forced on you, when the other half of the duo is late, when being surprised by a request, and so on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts