The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
A lot of carbon copy votes here, but personally I did not care for the way it colored my sound. Did not like the mod either, not subtle enough for my taste. I guess I'm more of a digital delay guy.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You might check out the Keeley Caverns. a carbon copy ish delay with bonus reverb. You can get them used for under $200. I just got one to free up space on my board.
Well this sounds appealing. Space savings aside, what do you think of it? Anything you don't like?

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
If there’s anything I don’t like...maybe a few too many knobs/switches. I’m used to a basic carbon copy.

I love the pedal though. I haven’t really found my 2 or 3 quick dial in sounds yet. I particularly like the ability to go into more shimmery, almost tremolo like reverbs if desired. Getting the delay AND reverb while only using a bit more real estate than a regular sized pedal while also only using one port from my power supply is a huge plus. The big selling point on this one as opposed to some other similar pedals? A separate switch for on/off for delay and reverb. Most of the other similar pedals had delay and reverb but it was a blend with only one on/off switch. The second button was for tap tempo or something else. For me, I would rather be able to separate the effects than have access to tap tempo. Mind you I don’t really do the ULTRA repeat delays that make tap almost required.

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
If you think the CC is too dark, there is a solution....
upload_2019-9-24_17-1-46.jpeg

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
the Joyo delay can be had for about 40 bucks. It's a digital chip emulating an analog chip. Works well enough for home use

21 - 27 of 27 Posts