The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I want to buy an acoustic guitar which costs less than $200. So can anyone suggest me some guitars worth buying which costs less than $200.

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
I'd risk anything that says the following:

Fender
Yamaha
Art and Luthrie
Simon and Patrick
Seagull

·
Premium Member
10,926 Posts
You won't get much that's worthwhile new for that amount, but the used market could reveal some gems. As others have indicated, look for the Godin family (Norman, Seagull, Art & Lutherie, Simon & Patrick), Yamaha, Fender, Tanglewood, and the like. Look for a solid top at least. At that price a case or gigbag will eat into your options too much so consider buying it aftermarket unless the seller gives it to you. Remember that electronics (pre-amp and pickup) doesn't mean it's better, and like the case option it'll eat into your quality for the money. Electronics in cheap guitars are usually crappy anyway, besides you can always install them aftermarket. Keep in mind that if the guitar is beat up it may be because it plays well and sounds good, so appearance might not be a simple sign of abuse but of great tone and playability.

Good luck.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Around here Art & Lutherie guitars appear for sale quite often on Kijiji . Usually they are not a lot of money , be at the ready to grab one.
They are well made , in Canada , out of mainly Canadian wood.
I've seen the Ami model , a parlour sized small body acoustic sell for $100. Some times you will need to pay a little more than that but $200 is about average.
I've got one that I bought new , it's a great sounding little guitar , I keep it tuned to open D pretty much all the time , play a lot of slide / Elmore James kinda stuff on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts