The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
6161 - 6180 of 6223 Posts

· Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Probably the best Les Paul ever made. LP Standard appointments, ebony fret board, Tim Shaw pups, 3 piece top, one piece back, the prettiest tobacco burst and under 9 lbs. I’ve been playing this guitar for 25 years, it was made in 1987.

There Is no “best Les Paul”, but this one plays and sounds fantastic. FWIW, it apparently got a fret dressing at Folkway 20 years ago ( I don’t remember), other than that I’ve only changed strings. It’s a super reliable (late) Norlin treasure. LP Studio Standard.The tuners were changed before I got it, very stable.
Very nice. I'd love to find one.

· Registered
4,460 Posts
I have spent so little time with this fairy recent build. (Summer-ish)
I had gathered parts for a few projects kind all at once. Not on purpose, but things I wanted (later) came up for sale. In the end, I assembled 3 really nice guitars in a short span. The Pink Nightmare HH Strat, the Charlie Christian Tele, and this. Fender MIM Sonic Blue body, Warmoth rosewood Boatneck, and Vineham Dippers. Plus a custom harness a buddy built.
Get this, I literally haven’t played it in months. I pull it out of the case and it was in tune. I’ve been playing it for 3 days, and haven’t tuned it. I’m not using the whammy at all, but still!!!!

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Musical instrument accessory String instrument

Yes, it IS a mint green guard!

· Premium Member
FCS '59 Telecaster RI
1,541 Posts
I have spent so little time with this fairy recent build. (Summer-ish)
I had gathered parts for a few projects kind all at once. Not on purpose, but things I wanted (later) came up for sale. In the end, I assembled 3 really nice guitars in a short span. The Pink Nightmare HH Strat, the Charlie Christian Tele, and this. Fender MIM Sonic Blue body, Warmoth rosewood Boatneck, and Vineham Dippers. Plus a custom harness a buddy built.
Get this, I literally haven’t played it in months. I pull it out of the case and it was in tune. I’ve been playing it for 3 days, and haven’t tuned it. I’m not using the whammy at all, but still!!!!

View attachment 460085
Yes, it IS a mint green guard!
I've never managed to get along with strats but wooooof the sonic blue and rosewood is a great combo

· Registered
110 Posts
Friday saw a very rare outing from under the bed for this mid 70's EDS1275 (note the brief period shorter 12 string headstock same as Lifeson, Felder). Serial # incomplete and not definitive in that era. Pots date to Dec 74. Volutes with 3 piece maple necks.

Forgive the crap pic due to blue stage lighting. Coincidentally when I bought this it'd been unprofessionally sprayed blue, including the pickup covers, plus lacquered control cavity. I left it with a luthier mate in Vancouver as a restoration project. Not being a priority there was no rush (pun intended). Then in 2018 a mate asked if I'd play a Zeppelin show so I rang my luthier mate to get it ready. So 16 1/2 years after I dropped it off I got it back for the Zep show. The T Tops are fab especially with the 500k audio taper replacement harness.

Neil Diamond show. He had several guitar players live so being just me it's justified hehe.

Daz
Musical instrument Musician Blue Light Purple

6161 - 6180 of 6223 Posts