The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
4861 - 4880 of 4917 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
I’ll look into that, for sure. Thanks for the suggestion!

I’ve been eyeing this as a possible (albeit pricey) fix to the P-90 buzz issue. The Strat and Tele are usually tolerable, but the P90s are a different animal.
I have a strat with 3 p90s that I had Ilitch make me a backplate for. It's brilliant. I love p90 tone but hate the noise and hum. The Ilitch system works really well and I noticed no change in the tonal quality of the pickups. Pricey but worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,174 Posts
@Alex is that just a regular well-loved '52 avri/RI or a CS?
Hey Justin, it's a Greg Fessler Masterbuilt MVP (Maken Music). Has a S1 push/push parallel/series switch on the tone knob that essentially does a quasi humbucker when activated. 5.2lbs!! the body wood is Paulownia. very resonant and loud acoustically.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Isn’t the expression, “Are you rockin’ or are you just worried about your hair?” Haircuts as a measure of value in a R’n’R world kind of amuses me.
hehe, well it really depends on how much pomposity you believe belongs in R&R. It's probably the genius idea of some advertising agent...after frequent trips to Vietnam and Thailand, a few ladyboys later, and there we have our whole proto-glam and hard rock aesthetic/vanity laid out. They just didn't want to miss out on that "nambla" demographic. "I don't know, they're just so....sexy!" : Led Zeppelin

4861 - 4880 of 4917 Posts