The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
4841 - 4860 of 4917 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
The R6 all week. Something about P90s has grabbed me lately, but my office is a major buzz-fest. I am thinking about the Ilitch hum-cancelling system for this and the Monty Rockmaster. Especially when I kick the fuzz on, it’s annoying as hell, but I love the tone.
View attachment 388409
What P90’s are they?

I’m rocking stock Gibson P90 through a Shralp fuzz and rattler into a shiva cranked and it’s so quiet it’s outrageous.

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
What P90’s are they?

I’m rocking stock Gibson P90 through a Shralp fuzz and rattler into a shiva cranked and it’s so quiet it’s outrageous.
Gibson Custom P90s came with the R6 and Vineham Old Dogs in the Monty. My office is really bad for buzzing, though. I can get the P90s a bit quieter if I stand in certain positions, but even humbuckers buzz sometimes. Strats and Teles, too, but P90s are the worst. I suspect the overhead spotlights on a dimmer probably don’t help.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Gibson Custom P90s came with the R6 and Vineham Old Dogs in the Monty. My office is really bad for buzzing, though. I can get the P90s a bit quieter if I stand in certain positions, but even humbuckers buzz sometimes. Strats and Teles, too, but P90s are the worst. I suspect the overhead spotlights on a dimmer probably don’t help.
Ahhh I see.
If you like the sound of the pickups and don’t want to change them you could always try voltage regulator. I use a furman m-x8 ar and it really helps with keeping everything quiet no matter where I go. Plus my amps looooove using a steady consistent power supply

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
Ahhh I see.
If you like the sound of the pickups and don’t want to change them you could always try voltage regulator. I use a furman m-x8 ar and it really helps with keeping everything quiet no matter where I go. Plus my amps looooove using a steady consistent power supply
I’ll look into that, for sure. Thanks for the suggestion!

I’ve been eyeing this as a possible (albeit pricey) fix to the P-90 buzz issue. The Strat and Tele are usually tolerable, but the P90s are a different animal.

4841 - 4860 of 4917 Posts