The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
4681 - 4700 of 4921 Posts

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
1,112 Posts
Nice pairing. How are you liking the TM Super Reverb? I bought the Deluxe Reverb version a couple of months ago and although it's not a replacement for my vintage Fenders, it has served me incredibly well thus far.

W.

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
Nice pairing. How are you liking the TM Super Reverb? I bought the Deluxe Reverb version a couple of months ago and although it's not a replacement for my vintage Fenders, it has severed me incredibly well thus far.

W.
So far, so good. It’s only been a couple of weeks, so we’re still getting to know each other, but I’m liking it. For my little office, it can still get pretty loud even with the attenuator all the way down. I might take it to rehearsal on Sunday to open it up and hear it roar a bit more. From everything I’ve heard about the P10Rs, they benefit from some break in. I like the sound, but I’ve had to keep the bright switch off with the Tele. I have the TMDR, too, and really enjoy it, but the Super is a beast. I like the concept of these a lot and they work really well for my situation.

·
Registered
15,914 Posts
View attachment 383666

Godin Progression. Still my all time favourite Strat style guitar.
I like them as well.
I was considering getting a Strat Style guitar at one point, wound up not going there for various reasons--none of which were the fault of that guitar.
But it was a heavy favourite if I had gone that route

Reactions: Mooh

·
Registered
15,914 Posts
I did forget to mention I did play an Epi Wilshire--cool guitar, except if I had one I would ned to move the one strap knob.
Sitting dug into my stomach--and standing a slightly lower on my stomach.
I sucked my gut in and it was still there (Where with most guitars with a strap knob on the back of the neck it's either more to my left--so it doesn't do that-or I can sit the guitar differently.
But with a shorter body the Wilshire still dug in.

Still a cool guitar--and if someone were to gift me one--I would thank them and then move the strap knob.

·
Premium Member
11,974 Posts
Ooh, I love it! Now I want one!!
They used to be reasonably priced on the used market, maybe still are.

I like them as well.
I was considering getting a Strat Style guitar at one point, wound up not going there for various reasons--none of which were the fault of that guitar.
But it was a heavy favourite if I had gone that route
The pickup enhancer switch is what attracted me initially, but several other things quickly became apparent. Really smooth neck and frets (the frets may have been dressed before I got it), a neck pickup that doesn't suck, a bridge pickup that doesn't make me want to replace it with a humbucker (my usual choice for a Strat-esque guitars), a middle pickup that doesn't disappear when it's lowered, and the single volume/tone knobs (I rather dislike the two tone knobs of most Strat-ish models). I'm not a huge fan of solid colours, but I can make an exception for black.

I received this guitar as payment for settling the owner's estate, cleaning out his apartment, selling off his stuff to pay his meagre debts, donating other stuff to charities, making arrangements with the funeral home, etc. He was a good friend with the worst luck imaginable, but generous to a fault. He would be happy that I play this guitar.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It’s a fender Stapleton it gets a lot of play time when I can get the volume to 4 it’s good on 7 it’s amazing. I use it with a Palmer attenuator sounds huge. I usually leave the trem on.

Just a wonderful amp and my first Princeton. I have some other amps but this one is getting the play time recently. Thanks for asking!

4681 - 4700 of 4921 Posts