·
Registered
15,866 Posts
Spent some time this weekend (Especially on Sunday) with this one:

And some time with the Mandobird:

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts
Gonna try and spend some time with the strat tonight, if I can stay awake.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Speaking of Strat.

Ever put together one from various parts just lying around and actually get something more than you thought you'd get?

I've put together a lot of Partscasters over the years. most of them OK. meh or forgettable, but nothing exceptional sounding. This one has a crisp biting tone with most excellent high mids. And it never bores you. The portion of the guitar hollowed out for HSH now rings with a resonant grind that it didn't have before in stock format.

Additionally, I think the aluminum pickguard and the brass saddles in combination with the 16K pickup w/ no other magnetic fields does something magic to the tone. A little here & there adds up to a lot in the end. I may build another soon to test that hardware speculation.

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Musical instrument accessory

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
1,096 Posts

Just got my '71 SG Special back from a much needed spa day. Re-fretted with 6105s, new bone nut, and a killer setup all done by my good buddy Cody Ramsdale here in Halifax. The old frets measured out at around .018 thousands high; the new ones are around .040 after leveling. What a difference!

W.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts

Just got my '71 SG Special back from a much needed spa day. Re-fretted with 6105s, new bone nut, and a killer setup all done by my good buddy Cody Ramsdale here in Halifax. The old frets measured out at around .018 thousands high; the new ones are around .040 after leveling. What a difference!

W.
Deadly stuff right here 👊👍

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I've been working on some acoustic covers lately. It's been too long since I spent a lot of time on the acoustic. I have been spending a lot of time reworking my Helix presets the past few months. I'd kind of lost sight of my appreciation for just how good my acoustic guitar really is. I'm very fortunate.

This pic is about a year old. I have since gone back to the stock bridge pins. It was an interesting experiment but I think it sounds better, if a little quieter, with the ebony pins.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I’ve pared down guitar collection to 2 guitars (well, another Collings is on the way lol) but this…after having a few Satch guitars and not gelling with them, this is my go to guitar with a Collings 290 as back up. I mean, look at that Muscle Car Orange : )
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I played the guild with the Mesa boogie. I also messed around with the delay and compressor pedals a bit .

here’s a little video I posted about half an hour ago but warning I have no sound barriers in the little room and you might be able to tell !

·
Premium Member
18,957 Posts
I played the guild with the Mesa boogie. I also messed around with the delay and compressor pedals a bit .

here’s a little video I posted about half an hour ago but warning I have no sound barriers in the little room and you might be able to tell !

Nice playing and tones! Congrats!
Are you enjoying your new pedals?
Lots of fun experimenting with all of your new gear. I'm looking forward to hearing the Twin sometime. (hint, hint)

4641 - 4660 of 4750 Posts