The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
4601 - 4618 of 4618 Posts

·
Registered
Les Paul, Tele, Strat, SG, Gretsch
33 Posts
Today it's 'Marjorie' a Fender Tele I built all from parts. Everything is Fender right down to the screws except the control plate, CTS pots, Switchcraft jack and 3 way with pull back cloth wiring and the Gotoh brass saddles. Each pot is a volume control, no tone. I named this one after my Mom who used the same two colours as the body and pickguard to paint our kitchen back in the '60's.

Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Historic Makeover Les Paul, expression pedal running a wah-wah in the AXE FX II. The beauty of the wah is that it engages easily but simply pressing on the pedal - the downside is that it activates very easily (!) as I accidentally hit the wah in during the recording. Some higher gain tones...in a metal mood as Pat Boone stated...

Musical instrument Guitar Drum Guitar accessory String instrument accessory

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Hi Jerome @zztomato

to answer your question, no, my SVL Sixty One (Simon Law) is going on 10 years next month. I was playing it yesterday and today and it's a special S to me. It does the clean sounds like any other solid Strat would but the overdrive tones are its secret weapon. My SVL can hang with my humbucker or P90 loaded guitars in terms of OD tones i.e. not thin like most Strats suffer from. I am always amazed when I pull it out of the case. It has the original Suhr Fletcher/Landau pickups. The neck carve is also perfect for me and larger than the typical SVL neck carve. It has a satin neck finish similar to a Tyler guitar and sweet maple flame.

Musical instrument String instrument String instrument Guitar Musical instrument accessory
Guitar accessory Door Wood Flooring Musical instrument accessory

4601 - 4618 of 4618 Posts