The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
4561 - 4580 of 4618 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,012 Posts
This one came home from my set up guy last night.

I'll be playing it for a few days. Vega Trem + Vineham pickups.

Plays really well, stays in tune. I originally wired it with a tone control but those never get used on my guitars so I replaced that with a momentary kill switch. That's not something that would be used a lot either, but definitely more so than a tone knob.

·
Registered
15,755 Posts
Fretless bass kind of weekend

Reactions: Mooh

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I haven't read through the 229 pages, but I must be the poorest guitarist who dares show his cheapest guitar (this one was free). For the months I spend at the summer cottage in Îles de la Madeleine, I only have this kit to play and to tell the thruth, I don' t really miss my other gear while here.
Neighbors don't seem to mind if I play loud.

·
Registered
12,863 Posts
i'll be playing the ibanez ar325 today, because i still ain't figured out where i went wrong wiring the les paul

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
I was looking for an Ernie Ball Stingray RS and found one last week. @Budda picked it up for me (🙌), and I grabbed it from him at a splash pad in London yesterday.

The neck pickup is made by Railhammer and it's some kind of noiseless P90. The stock humbucker (and the matching Railhammer) are both in the case -- I was going to put the HB back right away, but this is a great sounding pickup and it might stay. Reminds me a lot of the MFD soapbars in my ASAT -- not really that P-90ish, but big and round and extremely clear/hifi.

Shoutout also to @warplanegrey @Double A @Jaime and former member Hamish (Southampton Pedals) for all refusing to sell their Stingrays to me, an indication of the quality you can expect.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I was looking for an Ernie Ball Stingray RS and found one last week. @Budda picked it up for me (🙌), and I grabbed it from him at a splash pad in London yesterday.

The neck pickup is made by Railhammer and it's some kind of noiseless P90. The stock humbucker (and the matching Railhammer) are both in the case -- I was going to put the HB back right away, but this is a great sounding pickup and it might stay. Reminds me a lot of the MFD soapbars in my ASAT -- not really that P-90ish, but big and round and extremely clear/hifi.

Shoutout also to @warplanegrey @Double A @Jaime and former member Hamish (Southampton Pedals) for all refusing to sell their Stingrays to me, an indication of the quality you can expect.

View attachment 377345
Always a pleasure not doing business with you!

Super underrated guitars.

4561 - 4580 of 4618 Posts