The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (antique white finish)

Dean ML 79 (cherry sunburst finish)

I can get the ML for $559 and the LP for $630, plus taxes of course. I like the feel of both, and the pickups will be swapped so that's not an issue... just can't decide which to get!

As soon as some dude comes to get my amp (supposed to show up today) I'll be able to get either one so the price difference doesn't matter either, but with the ML I could probably get another used EMG and I'd have a set (already have a spare 81)... or I could just use the Dimarzio's I've already got.

What do you think? Or if there's another axe you think I should try out in that price range, let me know! Only "must" is humbuckers... no single coils, I don't like them or use them (even on my H-S-H strats I just leave them unhooked, lol).

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Of the 2, I'd go with the LP (not a fan of the ML). You might want to have a look at a Dean Cadillac - kind of a cross between an ML and a LP. There's a white Caddy on ebay right going for $400.00. I'll PM you a link.

Cheers,
Joe

PS. I've never played a Cadillac so I can't really make any comments on the guitar other than I like the way it looks :)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The more I look at the LP the more I want it, lol.

ML I really want is the Dime Slime one... Dean had a limited run of them, but Washburn made the original. Tough to get though, and when you can find them they're a little over a grand.

http://www.deanguitars.com/userpics/lib4/100_0697.JPG

Maybe I should get the LP and grab a Dime Slime later down the road instead of settling for a ML 79? Rumors are floating that Dean is going to be offering them as like a full on production model next year since there was a bunch of interest in the limited run.

Thanks for the input guys... and that Cadillac is nice lookin', the guy selling it is pretty close so I might see if I can try it out.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
ML I really want is the Dime Slime one... Dean had a limited run of them, but Washburn made the original. Tough to get though, and when you can find them they're a little over a grand.
Hang around the Dean Forums. Those guys are fanatics. If any good dean shows up on ebay someone there will always link to it.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hang around the Dean Forums. Those guys are fanatics. If any good dean shows up on ebay someone there will always link to it.
I didn't even notice the forums link on their site... wow, lol someone get me some glasses. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Damn, there's a few people sellin' them on their forums... a bit outside my budget but atleast I know where to look when I'm ready to grab one. Thanks again, definetly helpful.

·
Registered
737 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the link, don't dig the Razorbacks too much anymore though. Finish looks pretty cool... I tried one out (was the two-tone one) and it felt awkward to me.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't think I didn't look, :tongue: Don't really like the bridge and the overall body shape. This one looks pretty cool though:

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Phew...good choice, pointy guitars go out of style with some folks. That's not a judgement, just an observation (I'd love a Flying V).

Peace, Mooh.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts