The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Canada Post, Purolator?

Is UPS bad?

The package is going to Toronto. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I’ve used them all and all were fine. It’s more about packing. Double boxing is key. Guitar, Soft case or hard case, packing material, box, packing material, exterior box. If a Gibson neck make sure the length of the neck is supported. They break from force to the neck, not the head stock. Jury is out whether you should loosen the strings or not.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Terry, I am heading to Toronto on Saturday. If you want and can get it to me by Friday, I could drop it off for you. PM me if I can be of any help.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I usually do this on every trip to and from Ontario. No one has taken me up on it.
First, thank you. Second, now we have an organized and formalized thread. If you describe your trip carefully and in one place where people can find it, there may be more interest. Third, any new facility takes a bit of time to become part of the culture, let’s help that along.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I shipped the guitar using Fedex; their price was a lot better than Canada Post.

Canada Post was $94 before adding any insurance.

Fedex did a great job and it was $30 less. It got to Toronto safely in 72 hours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts