The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

I am in the market for a new acoustic guitar and i really need some suggestions as to which ones i should take a look at. I dont really have a lot of knowledge on acoustic guitar so I need your guys' (and gals') help. I was sort of looking at the seagull line of guitars, more specifically the S6+ Folk model. Have any of you had experiences with these? are there any other ones i should go and try out or take a look at? My budget is around 700 CAD or so. This guitar will probably be used mainly to play youth church group kind of stuff, along whit some blues and pop/folk kind of music. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for the responses!

· Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for your responses! :) I didnt know that Godin owned all those companies. I will definitely check out those others you guys mentioned! Anybody else have any other suggestions?

· Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello again everybody!

So I went out and tried out a few of the guitars that you guys suggested. The seagull folk was a little too quiet, but played really nice. T played some Canadian Garrisons, but I want to try a different shape of guitar (I've only played Dreadnaughts). Would an OM/Grand Auditorium size be a good place to start? Heres a few that have recently caught my eye:

Alvarez AF60S
http://www.music123.com/Alvarez-AF60S-Acoustic-Guitar-i126118.music

Guild GAD-30
http://www.musician.com/product/Guild-GAD30-Auditorium-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=513141#

What do you guys think?

· Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks lolligagger and BR183 for the advice! I will definitely check out those epiphones...I don't think the guitar stores here in Red Deer carry Blueridge, but next time im in Edmonton or Calgary (hopefully within the next few weeks) I will definitley check those out.

· Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im mainly gonna be using for fingerpicking/light strumming. Nothing too heavy, im gonna be playing a lot of softer christian and secular songs. Im not too worried about finding one with a plug in, because i could always just mic it up. Besides, I could always add an onboard pickup/preamp later. So what kind of tone would i expect to find (in general) with a 000/OM or similar sized guitar, in comparison to say a dreadnaught? Louder? Quieter? Warm or Bright? Balanced, or overly bassy/trebly? Thanks!

· Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey everybody!

Its been a while since Ive been on here! Hows everybody? Anyways, instead of buying an acoustic I went and bought a Shecter PT Blackjack :tongue: but now that I have my electric guitar GAS overwith im back to looking for an acoustic. I did try out that Guild GAD-50 and was REALLY impressed by it...I'm thinking about just going and getting that, but i really want to try out an epiphone masterbilt DR-500R first before I go and buy. I think I have narrowed it down to those two. Thank you guys for all your suggestions and well wishes! :wave:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.