The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1861 - 1880 of 1919 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
Started the day with a P-90 loaded Godin LG, but quickly reverted to the House cutaway acoustic I posted a few days ago. Had a pair of ukuleles in hand for my last lesson, one high G and one low G. That House is pretty versatile.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,863 ·
Took the Guild F-30 in DGCFAD, played it a bit and decided to restring in recommended 0,012 in standard EADGBE... Long to play it again tomorrow...

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,864 ·
The Guild F-30 with fresh 0,012" eb Al/Br in standard tuning : Does sound good. The Irish Trads with capo 2nd fret sound good too. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
God, things worked out unexpectedly today. The slothead House in open D, the baritone Beneteau in D standard and C# standard, and switched to electric for a last minute Zoom lesson. Played the resonator bass in a very promising guitar student’s lesson…it’s great when they’re good enough to perform as a duet. Then the Cervantes crossover classical for a load of Celtic fingerstyle. After all that I mixed a video for a client and mixed a choral piece of my father’s for the family for remembrance day.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,868 ·
Began with the Taylor 322 with fresh strings, then the Martin OOO-18...
again in need of fresh strings... that already presented rust signs to the
point I kept the old B string on and the high e as a spare in case the new
one would break while winding to pitch ! :(

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
Had a church gig this morning with my fiddle/guitar duo. Used a Beneteau as usual and played a mixture of old and new celtic and celtic-like tunes (mostly airs and hornpipes), including three of my own. Some slight ambient amplification from a small Ibanez Troubadour amp because the fiddle is so damn loud. They're still not singing due to Covid so our instrumental stuff works well. Weird to see the pews sparsely occupied with distanced, masked, congregants. I haven't been attending church unless I'm playing, and that amounts to only half a dozen times since this covidshitshow began.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,871 ·
Taylor 412ce : The D'Addario Ni/Br strings get a quite clear tone out of that Ovangkol back and sides body.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don't really play the '83 D-28 that often, but when I do I'm always amazed at how unique and beautiful it sounds. Anyway, that's what I've been playing today trying to capture some Neil Young-inspired sounds.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,877 ·
Got the Gibson L-00 TV with its old D'Addario EXP strings out for some blues and melodies ;)
I love its sound and tone but its larger lower bout may finally not be for me... :-/

1861 - 1880 of 1919 Posts