The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1821 - 1840 of 1853 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,821 ·
Recorded two other pieces with the Martin OODB for two other anniversaries this week.
Yeah, my elder son's wife and their three kids birthdays are all in early Fall ! ;)

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,823 ·
The Seagull Performer was kept in OpenD (DADF#AD) and DADGAD...
But I was not playing it very often. :(
So, I retuned it in standard EADGBe to play some ballads. ;)

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,824 ·
Martin OODB : What a great all Mahogany beast ! :)

Reactions: Mooh

·
Registered
169 Posts
While switching from the D-18 to the J-15 this morning I noticed something I never really paid any attention to before.

The neck on the J-15 vibrates/resonates a heck of a lot more than on the D-18. Same strings, same tuning, sort of the same dovetail joints with the primary difference being the use of maple on the J-15 , vs mahogany (Spanish cedar?) on the D-18.

I thought the tingling I experience in the left hand while playing the J-15 for a length of time were a result from stupid/poor/sloppy playing positions/techniques. Nope! The neck is a friggin' vibrator!!

I'm thinking this is a really good thing. Not that the neck is going to vibrate off. Anyway, It'd be curious if J-45 owners experienced something similar.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,829 ·
the Taylor 322 again... ;)

·
Premium Member
11,812 Posts
Mixed it up a bit for today’s lessons by using the cutaway House when I needed a guitar but used a tenor banjo and mandolin for lots of melody playing while students working on chord rhythms. The Gold Tone resonator bass handled the lone bass lesson. Every once in a while the exposure to a new instrument inspires a student or pursue one.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,831 ·
Seagull Performer ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did not play it, but I have a weird story from this morning:

Bought some powdered graphite lube to lube the nuts on my guitars, and started loosening up the strings on my Yamaha F-310. After several UNWINDS on the high E tuning machine, the string [email protected]#$ WTH...

·
Premium Member
11,812 Posts
For lessons yesterday, my time was split between a couple of House flattops and the Godin Progression electric posted in that other thread. The only recreational playing happened during the breaks between appointments so I didn't pick up anything else. Looks like rain today so I'll switch it up.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,835 ·
This rainy day was Godin's day : Godin 5th Avenue archtop, followed by Seagull Performer, then the La Patrie Concert nylon. ;)
No golf today... :( Unfortunately, my golf season would end tomorrow...
Yep ! The cold full-time guitar season will begin Monday... until May 2022 ! :)

Reactions: Mooh

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,836 ·
Taylor 412ce this afternoon.

P.S. Yep ! Golf season ended this morning... :-/

·
Premium Member
11,812 Posts
Spent some time today with the resonator bass, a Godin LG with P-90s, and a Dobro.

The most fun was tracking parts for tinwhistle and melodion. There will be a harmony tinwhistle part to add tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,838 ·
Martin OOO18...
Like it more than the Taylor 412ce I guess.

During the incoming cold season, I could point some of my beloved to get by the door next Spring... maybe to afford the great Collings that sticks to my mind !!! ;)

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,839 ·
Today, I practiced "Nobody knows you when you're down and out" back and forth on the La Patrie Concert and the Aria AC-80.
I cannot decide which I like most as they sound quite alike though the Aria has a bit smaller body made of Red Cedar/Rosewood while the La Patrie has a little larger body (same depth) made of Red Cedar/Mahogany. Same strings, about same age...

1821 - 1840 of 1853 Posts