The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1801 - 1820 of 1853 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,801 ·
Never met a Collings I didn’t like.
That is what I read somewhere else too... ;)

Today MY own Martin OOO-18 : Geee in need of fresh string again !!! :(

Reactions: Mooh

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,802 ·
Today, Taylor 322... ;)

·
Premium Member
11,812 Posts
Mostly the Dobro (round neck), for no particular reason other than I'm in love with it and it inspires me to approach guitar a little differently.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,805 ·
La Patrie Concert and Martin OOO-18. ;)

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,807 ·
La Patrie Concert... :)

·
Premium Member
11,812 Posts
Spent part of the day recording a French-Canadian tune, Reel Eugene, using the Cox mandolin and House slot head for melody, the same guitar for rhythm, and a Godin electric bass (essentially a PJ). Banjo will likely be added, either tenor or guitjo.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,809 · (Edited)
Some Irish tunes on the La Parrie Concert : I love the sounds of the Jerry Willard's arrangements in standard tuning with capo 2nd fret.

@Mooh : I will look for that reel... Our French Canadian traditional fiddle music was quite influenced by the Irish music.

Reactions: Mooh

·
Premium Member
11,812 Posts
Some Irish tunes on the La Parrie Concert : I love the sounds of the Jerry Willard's arrangements in standard tuning with capo 2nd fret.

@Mooh : I will look for that reel... Our French Canadian traditional fiddle music was quite influenced by the Irish music.
Normally I would have called my fiddle playing duo mate but…Covid, you know.

Here's a link to the notes, though I've obviously messed with the chords:

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,812 ·
Some Pop melodies on Gibson L-OO TV ;)

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
@jdto Real nice. Love the 000 shape.
I’ve always been intrigued by them and had a couple of Eastmans come and go, but this one is something! I had no intention of getting another acoustic and was quite pleased with my little flock. Curiosity got me when I was at Long & McQuade one day because I’d never tried the 000-28, but rather 000-18s, which are great, as well as OM-28s and 21s. It’s comfortable to play, sounds great and I like the neck a lot, which surprised me as I’ve not always liked Martin necks. I gave it some days but couldn’t shake it from my mind, so I did some trading in and here it is.

·
Premium Member
11,812 Posts
Playing the Gold Tone guitar-banjo a lot today but will switch back to a flattop or electric for the remainder of today's lessons. Currently the 6 string banjo is set-up open back with a Remo Fiberskyn head.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,818 ·
The Martin OOO-18 to record a melody for a relative's anniversary... ;)

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,819 ·
The Martin OOO-18 again... ;)

Reactions: jdto
1801 - 1820 of 1853 Posts