The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1761 - 1780 of 1784 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,761 · (Edited)
Some Celtic fingerpicking arrangements on the Larrivee OM-09 with fresh GHS P/Br strings...
This is my last set of those strings I had found stiffer and faster to corrode.
I had tried ernie ball Al/Br but found they sounded as hammer !
I recently tried John Pearse that were fine but corroded quite fast.
Should give a try to d'Addario EJ again (EXP sounded dead !).

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had a set of Claptons Choice in 12's laying around and thought, why not put them on the Martin SP000-16R. So I did. And I like them, or should I say the resulting tonal improvements. I had previously tried them on my D-28 and they sounded more than pretty flimsy and ripped them off. Anywho, the SP000-16R sounds way, way better- richer, fuller, reverting back to 12's (from 13's) and tuned to 440 (from Eb).

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,763 ·
Some of the usual pieces from my "wrapped up" folder on my Taylor 412ce...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,764 ·
Stucked with the Taylor 412ce....
A local retailer announces two used Collings... :)

·
Premium Member
11,674 Posts
Mostly a pair of House guitars as it was my first day of face to face lessons since before the last lockdown. I usually mix it up a bit but so much time is taken up with administrative and new music and resource stuff that I kept it simple. Good to be back to work though.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,766 ·
The so nice Taylor 322... ;)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,768 ·
LaPatrie Concert...

Reactions: Mooh

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,770 ·
Not very present here : Not playing much these days...

• Sad
Reactions: bw66

·
Registered
151 Posts
...and then there's days when the D-35 sounds a whole bunch better than all your other guitars....

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,674 Posts
The day started with electric guitar, but soon the Gold Tone resonator bass came out to play acoustically. I like the sound and feel of the D'Addario Nylon Tapewound EBT92 strings that I've been using for a year or two, but they don't last as long as the Chromes.

·
Premium Member
11,674 Posts
Membranophone Musical instrument Idiophone Drum Drumhead

Also played these awesome acoustics today. Gretsch Catalina with an extra Pearl snare. Since Covid I haven't done much on them, relegating them to a bedroom to make space in the lesson room for my "zoom suite", but I'm back at them now. I will resume my search for nice crash and ride cymbals. I'm absolutely not a real drummer, but I fantasize about being one.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,776 ·
I forgot to come here and name my Taylor 510 I played, yesterday.
I can now get back to my music room daily.

P.S. The sad days are quite over now since my dad passed away. It is as bad as it can be but a quite fast ending for an exceptional man that have been sick for the last thirty years:
A fall causing a debilitating pelvic fracture last week was the last drop that pushed him to decide he would stop the haemodialysis sessions and allow his multiple organs failures to win over his so long living battle. He will miss us. We will now get as closer as we can to our quite healthy surviving mother who lives 125 km away.

• Sad
Reactions: bw66

·
Premium Member
11,674 Posts
I forgot to come here and name my Taylor 510 I played, yesterday.
I can now get back to my music room daily.

P.S. The sad days are quite over now since my dad passed away. It is as bad as it can be but a quite fast ending for an exceptional man that have been sick for the last thirty years:
A fall causing a debilitating pelvic fracture last week was the last drop that pushed him to decide he would stop the haemodialysis sessions and allow his multiple organs failures to win over his so long living battle. He will miss us. We will now get as closer as we can to our quite healthy surviving mother who lives 125 km away.
My sincere condolences.

1761 - 1780 of 1784 Posts