The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1544 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,501
Had a wonderful hour playing back to back Mahogany/Blackwood satin finish Taylor 322 (string ? surely P/Br) and all Mahogany nitro finish Martin OODB Jeff Tweedy (Martin Retro stings). The Martin has a bit longer scale and its body is a bit deeper; both are fourteen fretters. Well, I cannot say which I would prefer : they sound quite alike thoug their timber differ a bit. While the slimmer Taylor fits me perfectly well, I have to take care of my right arm posture on the deeper Martin body. Both turn out to be great axes anyway ! ;)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,502
La Patrie Concert playing some Irish/Celtic pieces including some Turlough O'Carolan's stuff. :)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,503
Taylor 412ce...

I almost never play tricks on April 1st, but I did this year : I caught plenty of fishes among my relatives saying my new condo turned to a wet disaster because firefighters had to work on a fire in the condo just above mine ! ;-)
Why I did not do it on this forum ? Because you folks did not know I never play tricks on April 1st...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Took the Takamine G320 out of it's case after playing the Yamaha FS-310 for almost 3 weeks. That Yamaha is hard to put away. It took me a minute to get use to the longer scale of the Takamine and the slightly heavier string gauge. It has a nice crisp tone with lovely sustain.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,505
Eastman AC122ce when I got back after mopping the floors at the condo (no "bass tub" !)... ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just got done playing my old Yamato F-111! Good little office guitar.

Reactions: mawmow

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,508
Some pop tunes on Ramirez R-4...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Back on the D-18 and wondering if it would be worth it to try out a set of 80/20's next string change...or stick to PB's. Hmmm....

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,512
Played some Irish/Celtic pieces from Jim Tosier's songbook on Alvarez AP66ESB parlor in DADGAD : Yes Sir !!!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,514
Martin OOO-18 for a very short while... :-/

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,516
Eastman AC122ce : I really enjoy playing this entry level orchestra beast !!!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Enjoyed a relaxing Saturday afternoon playing my CEO-7, and covered a lot of different material from Neil Young, Gerry Rafferty, Stevie Wonder, the list goes on.

Recently swapped out the stock Golden Age tuners for a set of Waverly‘s with snakewood buttons....adds a classy touch, IMHO. Also, replaced the stock plastic bridge pins with some genuine bone pins. (a “Martin pet peeve“ of mine...1st world problems, I know) I had to ream out the bridge pin holes a bit, which was twitchy as hell for me, but it turned out well. Sounds bigger than it is, an awesome couch guitar!

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
D-18.

Got this Fishman passive humbucker a few days ago. Sounds ok and will only be used for recording at home. I don’t like the cable hanging out the sound hole but it’s a temporary install on whatever guitar I’m using at the time. All my guitars have a K&K and I’ll add this Fishman pickup so I can run it and the K&K into separate channels on the board and stick a mic in front of the guitar as well.

1501 - 1520 of 1544 Posts