The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 1544 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,483
Played the Gibsons L-1 and L-00 paying attention to scale lenght (the L-00 being only 1cm shorter though its 12 free frets) and string spacing. Action is almost the same all from nut to twelfth fret with same string spacing at bridge. Neck shapes are also alike. I still do not understand why the L-1 appears more comfortable to play : Maybe I have a twisted mind ! :-/

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,484 (Edited)
Martin OOO-18 and Taylor 322 : These two beasts could not sound more differently ! ;-)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,488
Played many pieces from "50 Easy Irish Favorites for Classical Guitar" on the La Patrie Concert : Aaaaaasome !!! ;)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,490
Larrivee OM-09 : Aaaaaahhhhhsome !!! :)

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I played an Indonesian made fender . Honestly I don't understand why fender acoustics have such a bad reputation. I've played a number and none were anything to complain about

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,494
Taylor 322 : I love its darker sound.

Reactions: brucew

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Dusted off my old ovation tuned it to ecdgad and revisited Andy Mckee's Rylynn. (one of my white whale songs). Getting further than last attempt, how far I will get............?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,496
Had a flash : Since the small twelve fret Gibson L-1 looks like a classical guitar, why not play it as a classical guitar on left hip ? Works better than in folk position !

It was after I packed and shipped the Hot Rod tricone...

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,497
Gibson L-OO TV saying farewell to its mate L-1 1928 Blues Tribute gone to Edmonton...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Loving the sound of the D-18.

Just thinking to myself, if I would have bought my D-18 first, I wouldn't have the three rosewood Martins. Heh, April fool!!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,500
Martin OODB Jeff Tweedy... Oh Yeah !!! :)

1481 - 1500 of 1544 Posts