The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1461 - 1480 of 1544 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
@tdotrob : I say what a nice Taylor ! Oh man ! What a gorgeous Taylor !
Choose a guitar ? It depends on comfort and the style you want to play. Did you try a Taylor Academy ?

Today : Larrivee OM-09 with new John Pearse strings : Oh Yeah !!!
I haven’t played a Taylor Academy. I’ll look em up.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,463
Godin 5th Avenue for a short while...
I am clearing my workbench in order to sell it on Kijiji. :(

·
Premium Member
9,541 Posts
Yesterday, I took 2 used Martins off the wall at L&M Edm S. Both about the same price.
-nice sounding D-28, but there were a bunch of impressions all over the lower bout, like it was banged into a stand frequently or something. I think it was discounted accordingly.

-a freaking CANNON of an HD28, if you're looking for one under 3K give them a call. Well broken in, no signs of abuse.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,466
Reconnected with my Ramirez R-4 Spanish nylon playing some jazzy tunes. Gee ! How strong its top still smells red cedar !
P.S. Its is my only nylon with mic since I had K&K Pure Classic installed on.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Nothing for 4 days. I'm jonesin'. Just got home. Tomorrow hell or high water it's Frank Stokes on the mahog tanglewood, Elizabeth Cotton on the martin and Frank Hovington on the gretsch resonator!!!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,469
Eastman AC122ce : Just love this low end beast !!! :)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,472
Taylor 412ce... Then the damned shredding machine : That's what happens when the wife decides we would move ! LOL !!!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Spent a good hour and a half on my Collings OM2H learning a ’new-old’ Tommy Emmanuel song today. (called Ol’ Brother Hubbard, great tune!)
It’s always daunting when starting out a Tommy song, but little by little it begins to come together! It’ll take a week or so to be able to play it smoothly, then I gotta work on the artistry. (always the toughest part) All this to learn a song that’s under two minutes long...

·
Registered
375 Posts
I pulled out the Takamine G320 yesterday. Did a little flat picking and finger picked some old blues. I think this guitar likes the flat pick more than being finger picked. It also has a much brighter tone than my rosewood body 1976 Morris W604M.

I will be going to check this out. I found it for sale online here locally and will be meeting with the seller this afternoon. Mid 80's Yamaha FS-310. I hope it's playable.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,476
Martin OODB, then Eastman AC122ce : That Eastman is my best secret weapon !

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,478
Gibson L-1 1928 Blues Tribute : Are we really to part ?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I played my new (to me) Yamaha FS-310 after a extensively cleaning the last owners gunk off the fret board, installing a new set of .011-.052 gauge strings and setting the action it's a nice little blues box fingerpicker.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,480 (Edited)
As I was astonished how well my fretting hand played on the Gibson L-1 yesterday, I played it again today... And I still could not understand how it played well again : I was sure I used to have a problem fretting on that 1,725" nut width neck. So I took the ruler to measure it again : 1,75" (1 3/4") !!! What the hell is going on ?! I was sure it was 1,725" ! So this did cast some doubt on my mind about my memory of these and I mesured the L-00TV nut : 1,725 in. !
Now, I do not understand why the L-OO TV plays easier than the L-1 ! Maybe it is the short twelve fret neck on a peculair body? I have to do one more comparative trial though. Life sometimes brings quite odd issues !

1461 - 1480 of 1544 Posts