The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1224 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Besides the Godin, played a gorgeous Larrivee OM-09 today. ;-)

And You ?

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Right now, my only 6-strong acoustic is my Halcyon NL-00 (well, my Art & Lutherie Roadhouse is technically mine, but my daughter plays it more than me). I didn’t pull out the Blueridge BR-160-12, so it’s been the Halcyon and will be for the foreseeable future.

48C1ABB3-4042-4944-B26F-715B4EA48FDD.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Me? I played my Irish Bouzouki today, actually.

Say, jdto, is that a 13 fret guitar? Sure don’t see them very often. And is that a Blue Chip I see up there? Aren’t they awesome?
Yes, it’s 13 frets. It’s modelled on an old Gibson Nick Lucas model. Good eye on the Blue Chip. They are really nice.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took the 1995 Taylor 512 to my weekly course this morning... ;-)

·
Premium Member
12,184 Posts
The only acoustic I seem to play anymore. I'm spoiled and now all my other acoustics are relegated to 'campfire' status (no, not burning in one, playing while sitting around one).

upload_2018-4-28_12-21-6.png

Note: the pic isn't mine, it's from the Lowden site. Nothing I've taken comes close to doing it justice.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, guitar course ended while golf began... so almost took a week off the guitar. :-/
Babbled blues impro and riffs out of pentatonic blues scales on Godin 5th Avenue (Cognac burst) yesterday... :)

·
Premium Member
12,184 Posts
This one's been getting a lot of playing time lately. NOT for those quiet, introspective moments.

IMG_2102.JPG

·
Registered
6 Posts
My sweet-sounding-for-finger-picking Guild GAD-30REATB. Only made for a few years, I was lucky enough to find an immaculate pre-owned example of this OM. Thankfully, many people even today have not clued in to up-scale Chinese made guitars, so it was a bargain. All solid spruce and rosewood construction, ebony fretboard and bridge. One piece mahogany neck. Flamed maple binding. I love the snowflakes and diamonds inlay. (A bit of bling, but not over the top.) Just stunning workmanship and fabulous feel and sound. Guild has now replaced the GAD-30R with the plainer F-130R, and I suspect it was because the GAD-30R was a little TOO nice and at half the the price was cutting into sales of the American Guilds. This guitar led me to buying a Guild GAD-50, which is a solid spruce and rosewood dreadnought stunner. "Not real Guilds" because they're not made in the USA, according to some. Me, I just enjoy them.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Time for all these Couch Potatoes to go outside. Actually I was playing the Seagull 12 string on the couch and brought it out for a nice picture. Plays great, tuned standard, and I don't play it enough. It'll be my Acoustic for this week.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My Yamaha FG-331. And an old Depression-era Harmony Mandolin.

Reactions: Simone

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Today, six-strings GoldTone banjo (banjitar) ! ;-)

1 - 20 of 1224 Posts