The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1794 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Besides the Godin, played a gorgeous Larrivee OM-09 today. ;-)

And You ?

·
Premium Member
2,868 Posts
Right now, my only 6-strong acoustic is my Halcyon NL-00 (well, my Art & Lutherie Roadhouse is technically mine, but my daughter plays it more than me). I didn’t pull out the Blueridge BR-160-12, so it’s been the Halcyon and will be for the foreseeable future.

Guitar String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments String instrument

·
Premium Member
2,868 Posts
Me? I played my Irish Bouzouki today, actually.

Say, jdto, is that a 13 fret guitar? Sure don’t see them very often. And is that a Blue Chip I see up there? Aren’t they awesome?
Yes, it’s 13 frets. It’s modelled on an old Gibson Nick Lucas model. Good eye on the Blue Chip. They are really nice.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took the 1995 Taylor 512 to my weekly course this morning... ;-)

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
The only acoustic I seem to play anymore. I'm spoiled and now all my other acoustics are relegated to 'campfire' status (no, not burning in one, playing while sitting around one).

Guitar String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments String instrument

Note: the pic isn't mine, it's from the Lowden site. Nothing I've taken comes close to doing it justice.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, guitar course ended while golf began... so almost took a week off the guitar. :-/
Babbled blues impro and riffs out of pentatonic blues scales on Godin 5th Avenue (Cognac burst) yesterday... :)

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,444 Posts
Martin HD35CS and a Sigma DR28V but mainly bangin on the Telecaster and Firebird since about 10:00 a.m.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
This one's been getting a lot of playing time lately. NOT for those quiet, introspective moments.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My sweet-sounding-for-finger-picking Guild GAD-30REATB. Only made for a few years, I was lucky enough to find an immaculate pre-owned example of this OM. Thankfully, many people even today have not clued in to up-scale Chinese made guitars, so it was a bargain. All solid spruce and rosewood construction, ebony fretboard and bridge. One piece mahogany neck. Flamed maple binding. I love the snowflakes and diamonds inlay. (A bit of bling, but not over the top.) Just stunning workmanship and fabulous feel and sound. Guild has now replaced the GAD-30R with the plainer F-130R, and I suspect it was because the GAD-30R was a little TOO nice and at half the the price was cutting into sales of the American Guilds. This guitar led me to buying a Guild GAD-50, which is a solid spruce and rosewood dreadnought stunner. "Not real Guilds" because they're not made in the USA, according to some. Me, I just enjoy them.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Time for all these Couch Potatoes to go outside. Actually I was playing the Seagull 12 string on the couch and brought it out for a nice picture. Plays great, tuned standard, and I don't play it enough. It'll be my Acoustic for this week.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My Yamaha FG-331. And an old Depression-era Harmony Mandolin.

Reactions: Simone

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Today, six-strings GoldTone banjo (banjitar) ! ;-)

1 - 20 of 1794 Posts