The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When they converted the Gordon Price/Mother’s Music here to a Long & McQuade, there were some brands they had, like speakers and cables, that Long & McQuade just doesn’t sell.

Where do you think that stuff went? Would it still be hanging around the back of the store?

P

·
0 Posts
Probably was liquidated at one of the semi-annual sales. Call and ask them!

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
I only found out that the L&M Whyte Ave was Gordon Price once because the sign is still up at the back of store.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
I only found out that the L&M Whyte Ave was Gordon Price once because the sign is still up at the back of store.
There was only one L&M in Edmonton for the longest time. The downtown store on 107Ave. Then all of a sudden (it seemed to me) there was 4 or 5 stores.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
There was only one L&M in Edmonton for the longest time. The downtown store on 107Ave. Then all of a sudden (it seemed to me) there was 4 or 5 stores.
Four for now. Since L&M bought Axe Edmonton, I think it may be five by June 1st.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
I haven't been in the whyte Ave store since it was Gordon Price, is it any good? worth the parking hassles?
As for parking? It is Whyte Ave. But there is metered parking available out front, but depending what time of the day there is any space. It's a three block walk for me though :cool:

It is the smallest store. Nice little acoustic room. Staff are good. A few long timers. A few know me by name. Much larger stock at the south store though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts