The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, after getting burned by border fees etc buying from the US, I'm wondering where the best place in Canada to buy speakers is?

thx

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
You live in Toronto, go to Songbird!

Online, check LAMusic.ca, AxeMusic.com and of course eBay (if the member is in Canada... otherwise you'll get brokerage fees and all those other ones).

·
Premium Member
13,039 Posts
The sponsor of this month's prize - Steamco. Gotta give them a plug. :smilie_flagge17:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I've bought all of mine on either eBay or at L&M. You can get some good deals on eBay as long as the seller is in....:smilie_flagge17:

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
I love webers (great speakers, fair prices, ships with DHL so no huge border surprises), but i've had good experience with ordering in at L&M for Eminence speakers.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
For any Eminence speakers, I have found Q-components great to deal with: http://loudspeakers.ca/

Unfortunately I mainly use Weber speakers and right now there is no way to get those without ordering from Weber. There are some Weber dealers in the States, but I don't know of any in Canada.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Theres actually a really good supplier here in kitchener. they keep tons of eminence stock in particular. I think its called speakers plus or something. its just on a side street by the mall, next to shooters choice

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, I'm a little sketchy about those speakers, find it hard to believe they can use decent components for that price

thx though!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Hi,

hey, after getting burned by border fees etc buying from the US....
I just bought from Weber directly and wasn't dinged any fees (asked Ted to send USPS rather than courier). Happy day! :)

yeah, I'm a little sketchy about those speakers, find it hard to believe they can use decent components for that price
I've read forum posts of users that have them and heard sound clips and they do exactly what they say. IMO, they're worth a try.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts

thx though!
I have one of the V30 clones in my 2x12 with a Hellatone 30 in it, and it's performed wonderfully. Very well made. Grab a couple while they're that price IMO.

p.s. Steamco stuff is also very good prices as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The warehouse guitar speakers are great I have tried both the cl 80 and v30 in my ycv40wr and they sound great and not even broke in yet. I ordered 2 of each and it came to 196.00 canadian to my door and he was fast to ship them out.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, I just bought a quad of scumbacks, can't wait to hear them in my '68 marshall 4x12 :rockon2:

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I ordered 2 of each, going to mount in a X pattern in the cab

the 75 Hz lead cones, 65 watts

the 55Hz bass cones, 65 watts

the 75Hz I believe are copies of the greenback, the 55Hz not sure if they're the G12H30 or greenback w/bass cone

ps the new celestion G12H30 actually has a LEAD cone in it...so it is not a true copy of the original G12H30. it is still a great sounding speaker though, I think....maybe even better than the 55Hz original

1 - 20 of 30 Posts