The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to adjust truss rod on Gibson SG faded and just realized it is not using allen keys but need hex wrench.
Where can I buy one?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I searched L&M and couldn't find anything... Probably because I searched for Gibson Truss rod wrench.

Really appreciate your help

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Thank you! I searched L&M and couldn't find anything... Probably because I searched for Gibson Truss rod wrench.

Really appreciate your help
I knew that they were there and did the same search to no avail.
I had to find them through "guitar tools". Their search engine leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Their search engine sucks donkey balls. Always do a manual search.
for whatever reason, most of the time i get no results from those search engines either. not just web stores, but forums like this one as well. for me, it's often faster to just call them

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
L&M is exceptionally bad. In fact I think I even searched L&M for Gibson wrenches once and ended up getting a pair off ebay.

·
Premium Member
3,210 Posts
You can het em for a buck n change on ebay. If you pay attention even with the shipping itll be less that L n M.

Real gibson once are brass coloured and only like 3 “ long. The other end has a philips head for the truss rod screws. The longer silver coloured ones are a bit easier to use/ leverage, but i still like the bronze real ones ; fit nicely in case pockets etc.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Stew Mac in the USA has every truss rod wrench imaginable. I got one for my Gibsons and one for my Rickenbackers.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Got a set of tiny wrench set at Canadian Tire last year.
The problem is metric size does not fit on american guitars... :-(
Have now to file down an extra Allen key I have to match with a Taylor neck bolt.

But I am amazed reading this post : Allen keys are not wrench "sockets", are they ?
Even when I search for hex wrench or Allen keys on the net, I am showed Allen keys...

Add on : Anybody knows if Larrivée, moving to US, converted from metric to american ?

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Got a set of tiny wrench set at Canadian Tire last year.
The problem is metric size does not fit on american guitars... :-(
Have now to file down an extra Allen key I have to match with a Taylor neck bolt.

But I am amazed reading this post : Allen keys are not wrench "sockets", are they ?
Even when I search for hex wrench or Allen keys on the net, I am showed Allen keys...

Add on : Anybody knows if Larrivée, moving to US, converted from metric to american ?
This is a wrench for a Gibson truss rod nut...

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
This is a wrench for a Gibson truss rod nut...

Thanks !
That was the general idea I had about a wrench compared to an Allen key.
Taylor has a similar tool but this "Popeye's pipe" looks better ! Poo ! Poo ! ;-)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’m sure I have an extra one. Send me your address and I’ll send one out in the new year.
I got
https://www.long-mcquade.com/75076/Guitars/Guitar-Tools/Grover/Truss-Rod-Wrench---5-16.htm
from L&M Mississauga yesterday and works great on SG Faded. I just finished setup and it plays great.

Thank you very much for your offer a gift, I really appreciate it.

Thanks sulphur for finding me one on L&M site, and thanks everybody for help.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts