The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put together a custom guage set (12-16-24-38-48-58). Is there any "string emporium" place in Canada where I can order sets of any guage I want?

·
Registered
697 Posts
I believe David Severson had posted something about his website, where they sold bulk strings. You should try and get ahold of him.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
D'Addario sells bulk strings, but you need to be a business to buy them and you can't sell them. They are intended for builders and I would guess maybe music stores. They come with little tags that you put on the guitar that says you recoment their strings.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't ordered bulk from them but i have had good service from juststrings.

http://www.juststrings.com/index.html

Why are you looking "in Canada"?
Well I'm from Canada so why order from the States (and pay duty, etc) on something that should be readily available in Canada?

Perhaps I shouldn't have said bulk. I just want to put together a custom guage set (a few sets, not a box of them). Every music store around here says, "sorry we only have a 54, not a 58, etc. One store had a 58 but said that guage is considered a bass string, so they'd have to charge me $7 - $8 for the one string. I asked how much a 56 was. "Only $2 sir". Thats nonsense IMO.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well I'm from Canada so why order from the States (and pay duty, etc) on something that should be readily available in Canada?

Perhaps I shouldn't have said bulk. I just want to put together a custom guage set (a few sets, not a box of them). Every music store around here says, "sorry we only have a 54, not a 58, etc. One store had a 58 but said that guage is considered a bass string, so they'd have to charge me $7 - $8 for the one string. I asked how much a 56 was. "Only $2 sir". Thats nonsense IMO.

I never got nailed with duties... I only pay $5.00 and taxes once in a while.
They ship via USPS.:food-smiley-004:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts