The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve's has none.

L & M has none.

Cosmo is selling on Amazon but a $6.50 refill kit comes with a $7.50 shipping fee.

Anyone know where I can buy refills online with free shipping or in Oakville or Burlington?

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
12th Fret?

I haven’t checked but they should have them.

I got 20 sets of strings shipped from them awhile back and it went ok the stuff arrived in a couple of days.

Although cheap items like refills I doubt anyone can afford to ship those free unless you’re buying a lot of them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Last time, I bought at Cosmo's. Be careful, though, because after two years, I started to notice some of my Oasis humidifiers leaking.

If you want to save some dough, you can always try the homemade kind. Bryan Kimsey has a fun how-to page on his site: Index

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
12th Fret?

I haven’t checked but they should have them.

I got 20 sets of strings shipped from them awhile back and it went ok the stuff arrived in a couple of days.

Although cheap items like refills I doubt anyone can afford to ship those free unless you’re buying a lot of them.
Can't find them on their site.

I was hoping I would find them on Amazon with free shipping and then when I buy some other stuff just add them on, but the only people selling them are Cosmo.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
The shipping fee for Amazon is a downer, but it is likely the least expensive way to get them. There is no temptation to buy another guitar when you visit the store. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
I had to show the staff that it was available on line. They wanted full payment for the order, and it showed up.

Without my extra effort, the answer is always no, or everyone just uses this instead.

I have a metal strip for inside the case, and three Oasis magnetic refillable units that can stick to the metal strip. I find that useful.

You are supposed to use distilled water and the included syringe to activate the powder. The powder or crystals become a gel. If you have not used it for along time, it may seem empty. Add water, check in a few days to a week when the refillable unit looks collapsed. You will likely see gel blocking the opening. Trying to add water without the syringe, for example, using the kitchen faucet, will push the gel out of the unit, wasting the product.

I decided to get new product because I used tap water too long without knowing that I was supposed to use a premeasured amount of distilled water and syringe. In other words, I had no instructions, no syringe, but I had the rest of the kit from when I bought some gear. Now I know how to properly use the Oasis kit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts