The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I buy standard Marshall Tolex in Canada so I am not paying stupid brokerage costs and Overpriced shipping from the states? Someone seriously help!:eek:

·
Premium Member
16,576 Posts
Gravity Orange said:
Where can I buy standard Marshall Tolex in Canada so I am not paying stupid brokerage costs and Overpriced shipping from the states? Someone seriously help!:eek:

duh, it's Rolex and you can buy them on any street corner.

(sorry, consider this a lame bump).

·
Registered
788 Posts
steamcomusic, but they get it from the states as well, you are basicaly screwed:mad:

ebay with usps shipping is probably the cheapest way to get it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've built a few cabinets (and amp covers) from vinyl covering (and isn't Tolex just a brand name?) that I bought from my local ottawa store Fabricland. (not sure if they're national) Last time I was in, they had about 40 or 50 rolls (enough to do 1000 cabinets!) in various colors and textures. They don't have exact matches for Marshall, but there was a textured black vinyl that is close enough.
Prices were $9 a metre for the smooth or slight texture and up to $20 a meter for the good black full texture. All of it was thick enough to be durable.
All backing on the vinyl is the cloth type. Most is 54 inches wide, some are 48 wide.
I picked up 3 metres (enough to do a 4X12 cab) of dark blue, for $31. It goes on the cab well with 3M spray adhesive.

·
Registered
635 Posts
MykelJ said:
...I bought from my local ottawa store Fabricland. (not sure if they're national)...
Fa...bric....land.......................................Fabricland!

If I know the commerical, they're national alright. :banana:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gravity Orange said:
We are now stocking Tolex and Grill cloth, no more USA importing!! YAAY!!
We are carring a lot of the common stuff and will try to keep stocked up.

For grill cloth we currently stock:

Fender Black/White/ Silver
Fender Blue/White/ Silver
Fender aged Black/White/ Silver
Fender Oxblood with gold stripe
Fender Wheat with gold stripe (already sold out, but we will have more shortly)
Fender Black
Marshall Black
Marshall Small Weave Cane
Marshall Salt & Pepper
Med and small white piping

For Tolex we currently stock:

Fender Black
Fender Smooth Blonde
Fender Rough Blonde
Fender Brown stripe coated Tweed
Marshall Black
Marshall White
Marshall Red
Marshall Green
Marshall Purple
Orange Style Orange
Mesa/Gibson Black (already sold out, but we will have more shortly)

We can still do special orders if there is something we don't have in stock. If there is repeat requests for certain non stock items, we will gladly stock it so let us know what you want!
Our website will be updated very shortly with updated in stock pricing and a full list of what we have in stock. www.steamcomusic.com

·
Registered
33 Posts
Holy Cow ! I am so happy I came accross this thread. I need a new Fender Blackface Grille for my 1966 Vibrolux Reverb. Looks like I can get it from a Canadian supplier ! :banana: Now if I could only decide if I want the aged one or the new looking one ....:confused-smiley-010

1 - 8 of 8 Posts