The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lovepedal Les Lius that is my favourite pedal of all time and I use it almost all the time.

The other day, I noticed that the output was down and then it just died :(
I have done some trouble shooting myself and it is not the power supply or the input/output jacks as the bypass signal is fine.

Ordinarily I would send it to the original manufacturer, but it turns out Lovepedal is in some sort of legal battle and their website is down and they may not even exist going forward

Is there anyone in Canada that would be able to trouble shoot this pedal and get it back on the board for me? Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

· Premium Member
Air guitar
3,222 Posts
Honestly it’s not a super rare or expensive pedal, it’s probably cheaper to buy another.

· Premium Member
651 Posts
Since you're in Calgary, you might want to contact Laurie (past owner of Dingotone pedals) He repaired a couple of my pedals when I lived in Calgary. Great dude.👍

· Registered
2,690 Posts
Stay away from Bob's Music.
Can you explain why ?

It will be useful to know your arguments because it is possible to have bad experiences with all the stores ... like very good ones.By chance yesterday, I was able to discuss with the technician who seems really competent.He showed me all of his accomplishments.

Being myself an electronics technician by training and profession, I was able to appreciate his words.
It is only what I know about this store

· Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much for all the great replies.
Especially grateful to "mhammer" with the offer of talking me through the pedal repair. I do have a soldering iron and a meter, but I think with my skill set it would likely prove to be much more challenging for you than you would like ;)

I think I will try to reach out to the local resource "Laurie" from Dingotone pedals as suggested by Fernieite

Thanks again guys/gals

Marc

· Banned
13,216 Posts
Try Dingotone as suggested.

If that doesn't work Brian from Burlington may be able to help, just PM me for contact info, not sure if he wants it posted. I got his name from here years ago and he fixed a vintage Memory Man for me.

· Premium Member
651 Posts
Try Dingotone as suggested.

If that doesn't work Brian from Burlington may be able to help, just PM me for contact info, not sure if he wants it posted. I got his name from here years ago and he fixed a vintage Memory Man for me.
Yeah, Brian is excellent as well! However, not as convenient as Laurie.

· Premium Member
651 Posts
Especially grateful to "mhammer" with the offer of talking me through the pedal repair. I do have a soldering iron and a meter, but I think with my skill set it would likely prove to be much more challenging for you than you would like ;)

I think I will try to reach out to the local resource "Laurie" from Dingotone pedals as suggested by Fernieite

Thanks again guys/gals

Marc
Pm'd you Marc. :cool:

· Premium Member
29,750 Posts

Thanks again guys/gals

Marc
It's not an especially complicated circuit. Many of the earlier Lovepedal circuits are essentially variations on the Electra distortion, which is a one-transistor circuit. Not a lot in there. Mostly just switching between diode types.

[The question is: what does it do and what does it NOT do, at the moment?

Mark

· Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's not an especially complicated circuit. Many of the earlier Lovepedal circuits are essentially variations on the Electra distortion, which is a one-transistor circuit. Not a lot in there. Mostly just switching between diode types.

[The question is: what does it do and what does it NOT do, at the moment?

Mark
Mark,

Thanks so much for the help.
I will send you a PM with the details so the rest of the forum doesn't have to witness my ineptitude when it comes to electronics :cautious:

· Registered
33 Posts
I have a Lovepedal Les Lius that is my favourite pedal of all time and I use it almost all the time.

The other day, I noticed that the output was down and then it just died :(
I have done some trouble shooting myself and it is not the power supply or the input/output jacks as the bypass signal is fine.

Ordinarily I would send it to the original manufacturer, but it turns out Lovepedal is in some sort of legal battle and their website is down and they may not even exist going forward

Is there anyone in Canada that would be able to trouble shoot this pedal and get it back on the board for me? Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
In Calgary, you can't go wrong with Master Effects. Tim is a great guy who does good work and has fast turnaround.

· Registered
2,690 Posts
Can you explain why ?

It will be useful to know your arguments because it is possible to have bad experiences with all the stores ... like very good ones.By chance yesterday, I was able to discuss with the technician who seems really competent.He showed me all of his accomplishments.

Being myself an electronics technician by training and profession, I was able to appreciate his words.
It is only what I know about this store

13 day later, nothing.

Obviously nothing serious, it does not help the members of the forum

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.