The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a really surprising "notice' from the forum while doing a search....

"The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : Capo"

Capo
is a word we can't use when searching the archive?!?!?! How is that a good idea?

Can that be changed somehow?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Clinton
lets just change the name, explain it in the terminology section, and bob's your uncle. maybe we could have a re-naming contest. we're canadians not italians....LOL....
tongue in cheek
RIFF

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The search features in the forum software suck. Try using Google and limiting the search to just the site. To search only GuitarsCanada.com put site:guitarscanada.com in the search box along with your search terms.

For example to search GuitarsCanada.com using Google for "capo" click here.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"The search features in the forum software suck."
That was my point, ya....

But it can be tweaked, can't it???? The search dictionary has GOT to be something that can be edited.... I've been a part of other forums using this software that did it for topic-specific terms....

(At least that seemed to be my impression... I mighta been out to sea....)

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But it can be tweaked, can't it???? The search dictionary has GOT to be something that can be edited.... I've been a part of other forums using this software that did it for topic-specific terms....

(At least that seemed to be my impression... I mighta been out to sea....)
I've never met a vBulletin install that allowed for less than 5 letters in a search term. You can't even search vBulletins online help with less than 5 letters (see: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/search -- try searching for "this", no results. Then try searching for "thing" -- you get results.).

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it really something as inane as letter count?!?! Wow.... I have really misunderstood the setup....

That's sad....

Thanks for the 411!!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That really chews....

I guess we're luck that there's the google solution, as posted above....

Maybe that could be added to the "Search Page" options???

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's an attempt to keep the search database size small on the part of the vBulletin developers. Thankfully we have Google, which I personally find easier to read the results out of anyways.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hummm... yes it does... That is strange....

(Not only because usually when I search I use quotes anyway, and for whatever reason, this time I didn't.... )

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"add a search-with-Google option to the Search menu pull down"
That'd be SWEET!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts