The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used to be these things were everywhere for sale, now I rarely see one. Did they all die, or are people just loving them?

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Audio equipment Automotive tire Gas

·
Registered
10,927 Posts
I saw one recently but that is the only one I've seen in a while.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
There were a couple of Epiphone amps available locally on Kijiji over the past couple of months. One was solid state, a couple of tube or tube hybrid. They are out there.

I got mine about a year ago at the local L&M , for a very reasonable price, with some nice Ei tubes in it. It is not modified, and stock appearing. It needs an EQ or quality boost pedal, like one of my Mesa Tonebursts, to enhance the cleans, and dramatically quite down an otherwise noisy amp. Otherwise, it sounds best dimed, using the guitar knobs.

@silvertonebetty , yes, that is my 1974 Bronco that I bought from a forum member in the Ottawa area. He was upfront about the condition of the amp, the questionable unknown mods, how it needed some TLC.
A price was agreed upon, and my friend lived pretty much across the street from the seller. My friend walked over, picked it up, brought it to me when he made it to Windsor for a visit. I had a very good tech straightened out that amp. I tried a few different speakers, and it’s an exceptionally good example now. You could gig with this one.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
I have one Epi Jr that is a head with @Latole recommended resistor replace with new tubes and a Bitmo modified with JJ's and the resistor changed that I am building a head cabinet for.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to like the looks of these ones too - if I remember correctly they made a 4x12 and a head.

Automotive radiator part Rectangle Electronic instrument Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Triggerman, is one of the amps that was available in the last month on the local Kijiji.

I am very amp heavy, and not actively looking for any. I do daily cruise through Kijiji to keep my mind fresh on asking prices, and what sells quickly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts