The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a large box that is big enough to ship a 2x12 cab. I would even buy a big box if I could.

Any ideas? I tried a few music stores but they didn't have anything.

TG

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Furniture store. They have boxes etc that washers and dryers and the like come in. They are pretty heavy duty cardboard too.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Boxes for shipping guitars and amps are very hard to get. The furniture stores are a great source like already stated. Often I end up just making a box out of two smaller ones or if I find one that's too big, I cut it down to size. Us plenty of packing tape. Go to your nearest Dollar store for the tape dispenser and tape.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, the guy at the Westend Rock Shop gave me a great box with some excellent foam corners. All the stores are hit and miss because their recycling day and new stock arrivals are all different.

It is kind of weird picking through a dumpster though, even if it is one for recycling. "Hey, that's my prof!!!! " :)

TG

jroberts said:
Funny you should mention it. I'm going to have to ship a bunch of stuff next week, so I went dumpster diving behind music shops this past weekend. The bin behind Mother's music was a treasure trove. They had everything - guitar boxes, amp head boxes, cabinet boxes, packing materials. Everything from tiny to huge. I wouldn't bother asking the sales guys. They know they're not getting commission on a free cardboard box. Just go to each of the shops and check the bins out back yourself. Also, if you don't find anything today, check tomorrow. That stuff gets turned over pretty quickly.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That place is like Gretsch heaven! Did you see those "Sparrow" guitars? I think they are made overseas but are painted, freted, and set up in Canada. They have a Tele that is the lightest guitar I have ever held.

TG

jroberts said:
I grabbed a nice guitar box from those guys just yesterday.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
jroberts said:
I kid you not - when I was in the Mother's bin, a couple of guys who looked pretty down on their luck walked by and gave me the nod. Like, "Keep hangin' in there, brother."

LOL !!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Only because....I do it too!!! And I see those guys looking for reinforcement for their lean-to's.

·
Registered
788 Posts
jroberts said:
I kid you not - when I was in the Mother's bin, a couple of guys who looked pretty down on their luck walked by and gave me the nod. Like, "Keep hangin' in there, brother."
lmao, you must have lol'ed a bit :D

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Big Bad Ass Box

Whew!
its a good thing i read the whole thread or i might have got myself into trouble over that title.
cheers
RIFF WRATH
ps good thinking on the recycling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts