The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,650 Posts
WeberSpeakers

Tried that omcbbq.com site and it's for gas barbeques!

I poked all over the webervst.com site and couldn't see where you got that info. Is this something new for Ted Weber? My understanding is that he has no distributors at all, non-american or otherwise. Frankly, from his point of view I don't see why he'd need any! Having distributors means having enough room in the price for them to make a profit on the sale too. Otherwise the disti would go broke because most folks would order direct. I don't see how it means any more profit for Ted to set up someone in Canada just to please a few customers (like me too!).

There is an Eminence master disti for Canada called McBride Speakers. You can link to them through the eminence.com website. They set up dealers (I'm one, and so are a pile of other music stores and repair shops) and warehouse for Canada, which means if your local guy doesn't have stock he can bring it in by overnight courier. Eminence can make money doing this because there is a zillion more speakers sold in the P.A. and hifi world and the guitar speakers are carried along for the ride. High enough volumes make more things possible.

If I'm wrong please tell me about that Weber source for Canada. If true it could save a lot of us the cross-border shipping aggravation!

---Wild Bill

· Premium Member
Reverend Flatroc (1st gen import), Gibson Melody Maker (2003 variation), Tele Builds
5,612 Posts
I managed to find Weber speakers for 2 of my amps locally just looking through local classifieds like this site or Craigslist. Just like any other speaker, a lot of people buy them and decide they don't like them before they even get broken in.

As far as I know there is 'distributers' for Weber as Wild Bill said. But I know plenty of people order direct from Weber with no problems. There are several companies I buy from from the US because the only way to really get stuff is through direct order. I never have any problems.

Weber speakers are well worth it. They sound fantastic.

· Premium Member
1,894 Posts
I've ordered from Weber a couple of times with no problems (and great speakers too).

It's funny that someone mentioned Gerald Weber (of Kendrick amps). I got an 8" speaker for a champ from him years ago, and it was really good as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.