The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right forum. Anyway, I need to buy a set of hinges for one of my guitar hardcases and I was wondering if there are any Canadian websites I can order them from? I found some on allparts.com, but they wanted to charge almost $20 for shipping to Canada!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
RattleHead said:
I hope this is the right forum. Anyway, I need to buy a set of hinges for one of my guitar hardcases and I was wondering if there are any Canadian websites I can order them from? I found some on allparts.com, but they wanted to charge almost $20 for shipping to Canada!
So far many of us have been looking for Canadian sources for such stuff for years but no luck.

It seems that some have tried but they couldn't compete. The only successful Canadian operations for online music stuff I know of are thetubestore.com and Steamcomusic for speakers. Neither carry hinges.

Not saying you won't find somebody but I'm glad it's you looking and not me! :rolleyes:

If you do get lucky please check back and let the rest of us know!:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Thanks, gentlemen!

I don't use much of that stuff in amp repair. GuitarpartsCanada has a little bit of amp stuff but their list prices are way high. The guitar parts seem reasonable.

The roadcase stuff looks good.

Two more possible sources for some needs, anyway.

Appreciate your sharing...:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately, guitarpartscanada does not have hinges and tchweb has a minimum $50 order and I only need $3 worth of hinges haha.

Any other parts store suggestions? I'm willing to order from outside Canada as long as they don't have ridiculous shipping policies like allparts does.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Did you find what you needed at TCH? I actually pick up my orders from their order desk, so if you have a part number I can pick up the parts for you. I'm not sure when I'm going to be their next, but I usually make the trip about once a month or so.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
RattleHead said:
Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately, guitarpartscanada does not have hinges and tchweb has a minimum $50 order and I only need $3 worth of hinges haha.

Any other parts store suggestions? I'm willing to order from outside Canada as long as they don't have ridiculous shipping policies like allparts does.
Try Stewart-MacDonald. Not sure how much they would charge for shipping.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Accessories/Case_parts/90-Degree_Hinge.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hamm Guitars said:
Did you find what you needed at TCH? I actually pick up my orders from their order desk, so if you have a part number I can pick up the parts for you. I'm not sure when I'm going to be their next, but I usually make the trip about once a month or so.
I think I found some that will work. I'm still on the lookout though, let me know before you go again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts