The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,471 Posts
No place in particular but we try and get away for a day or two and go golfing in the Laurentians.

·
Premium Member
11,089 Posts
Hope to get a weekend in Ottawa as one of my offspring lives there.

Otherwise, we split our time between where we live in Goderich and where the family cottage is on the Bruce Peninsula (both in Ontario). Two hours between the places so it's no inconvenience to drive back and forth several times per summer.

We keep talking about a major trip somewhere but we don't have the money (read that as we don't want to spend the money) for it again.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
No big plans. Will be my second summer of taking fridays off work. Need to enjoy them now because a big project at work will keep me crazy busy this fall.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
my vakay starts at the end of next week. my buddy, the rhythm guitar from my band, is coming down from canadia. we're going to the prs factory in baltimore, the harley plant in york, valley cruisin right here in delaware, and also the beach here, to rocky's house in philly, and if i can think of anything fun in new jersey, then we'll go there too. but honestly, i cant think of anything fun there, right off the top of my head. maybe one day at atlantic city

·
Premium Member
3,290 Posts
After spending 4 of the last 6 summers on extended family roadtrips - never less than 5 weeks, we're sticking closer to home this year. My son is away to Whitehorse for six weeks this summer and my daughter is volunteering at a local farm for people with special needs. Hoping to do some shorter, but more adventurous camping trips this year (i.e canoe camping, bicycle camping, etc.) and maybe even some solo camping. Also hoping to get some more jamming in this summer and maybe pick up a few extra gigs.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
I have been in Arizona all week. I have no more sweat left to sweat. I did get to check out most of the guitar stores in the Scottsdale and Phoenix area.

·
Premium Member
17,616 Posts
I have been in Arizona all week. I have no more sweat left to sweat. I did get to check out most of the guitar stores in the Scottsdale and Phoenix area.
Are you there on business or vacationing?

Where else did you visit in Arizona? (i.e., Tuscon, Sedona, Tombstone, etc).
I am particularly fond of the American Southwest.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts

Just vacationing for the week.
I have stayed in the Scottsdale area for the most part.
We are in a gated community with a pool and a beer store near by. I have the important things.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Just vacationing for the week.
I have stayed in the Scottsdale area for the most part.
We are in a gated community with a pool and a beer store near by. I have the important things.
you should have gone in July when the weather is a little more tolerable

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
you should have gone in July when the weather is a little more tolerable
TBH we are here visiting my mom in law who is here for some medical things, so the time of year wasn't really an option, otherwise I would have come in April or something.

·
Premium Member
10,051 Posts

When we went, a couple years ago, we landed in LV, drove to Flagstaff,stayed a couple days there, then to Sedona, and finally Scottsdale, and all the usual stuff in between...Grand Canyon, painted desert, petrified forest, etc

I liked it as well. We went in Feb, and aside from Scottsdale it was pretty cool. Like, no outdoor swimming cool.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
TBH we are here visiting my mom in law who is here for some medical things, so the time of year wasn't really an option, otherwise I would have come in April or something.
I'm only kidding, go when you want I was just thinking about the heat ,... was it 110 or just 104?

I like the area but we visit in the fall usually

·
Premium Member
10,051 Posts
First year without a cottage, just staycations. But we’re close to lake simcoe so will likely spend time there.

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
I'm only kidding, go when you want I was just thinking about the heat ,... was it 110 or just 104?

I like the area but we visit in the fall usually
I would have liked to go a little earlier for that reason. Today is the coolest day so far I think with a high of 38 or so. So just 100 I think.
I was also here in December which was a little cooler than I expected.
Likely if I am back it will be in earlier spring.

·
Premium Member
4,471 Posts
my vakay starts at the end of next week. my buddy, the rhythm guitar from my band, is coming down from canadia. we're going to the prs factory in baltimore, the harley plant in york, valley cruisin right here in delaware, and also the beach here, to rocky's house in philly, and if i can think of anything fun in new jersey, then we'll go there too. but honestly, i cant think of anything fun there, right off the top of my head. maybe one day at atlantic city
That sounds like a great vacation Cheezy.

·
Premium Member
13,086 Posts
Vacation? Had my mine early in the season. Kelowna, at the end of May. Besides, I am retired and consider that to be on permanent vacation, especially after my daughter ate most of my retirement savings and I live on a modest fixed income. I get up only when nature calls and my following immediate concern is making a very nice large cup of home brewed coffee.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
As Robert1950 (nice new avatar Robert !) , quite newly retired and having lived in hotels a week a month for the last eight years at work, I live my eternal vacations at home, golfing, playing guitars, reading and watching some TV. No trip anymore for me !

Reactions: Lola

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,852 Posts
Jamaica. 10th anniversary trip for my wife and I. First vacation, pretty much ever. Only 4 days.

Don't know how I'm going to survive. Lol. I have somewhat fair skin and don't handle heat well. Anything over 20 is uncomfortable for me. It will be 40ish the whole time we're there. Yeesh!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts