The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not just the high end NOS stuff either but the current production stuff.

I was buying from Lord Valve or from L&M but I can't seem to get Herr Valve to send me a catalogue and L&M (locally anyway) doesn't seem to have much choice available.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
I use Eurotubes as well. I have heard great things about thetubestore, but I am just a creature of habit. Bob at Eurotubes has always given me great service and advice, and I like JJ tubes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Depending on what tubes you're after and/or how long you'd be willing to wait, I might be able to get some on one of my orders. I, alas, have to order from the USA since there are no real deals to be had in Canada.

My tubes of choice at the moment:

Sovtek 12AX7WC (surprisingly good in everything I've used them in)
Svetlana EL34 (nice for clarity, not very thick in the mids though)
JJ KT77 (thicker mids, strong sounding)
JJ 6V6
JJ EL84

And I plan to try some of the new TungSol 6V6 soon too.

Depending on the timing, I may have any of the above tubes on hand and I'd sell small numbers of them for reasonable prices.

Note to others in Canada but outside Calgary: please do not ask to buy tubes from me. This is only a courtesy I can afford to do for local folks once in a while. No offense intended.

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
JamesPeters said:
Depending on what tubes you're after and/or how long you'd be willing to wait, I might be able to get some on one of my orders. I, alas, have to order from the USA since there are no real deals to be had in Canada.

JJ 6V6
JJ EL84

Depending on the timing, I may have any of the above tubes on hand and I'd sell small numbers of them for reasonable prices.

Note to others in Canada but outside Calgary: please do not ask to buy tubes from me. This is only a courtesy I can afford to do for local folks once in a while. No offense intended.

I just put some of those JJ KT77's in my Traynor YBA-1 and I am blown away. They are fantastic tubes.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The tube store of course... great guys, they will help you with your selection if you like, just tell them what you got . Extremely fast shipping.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Robert Bogdan said:
Not just the high end NOS stuff either but the current production stuff.

I was buying from Lord Valve or from L&M but I can't seem to get Herr Valve to send me a catalogue and L&M (locally anyway) doesn't seem to have much choice available.
Lord Valve only sends out his catalog about 4x a year. If you didn't get one, it's probably because he's about to send out a new one and you'll get it in a few weeks or sooner. I like his stuff best, but there is that border thing. I've never had a problem with the Tube Store, but I've heard about others who have on the forums. Pretty good results with this group though...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JamesPeters said:

JJ 6V6
JJ EL84

James: Thanks for the generous offer. I may take you up on it. One additional question, do you do work on amps not your own? I'm thinking if I needed to get the amp re-biased?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Robert Bogdan said:
James: Thanks for the generous offer. I may take you up on it. One additional question, do you do work on amps not your own? I'm thinking if I needed to get the amp re-biased?
No problem, Robert.

I sometimes work on amps, but not a lot. If it just needs biasing, that's no biggie at all; I'd do that for you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JamesPeters said:
No problem, Robert.

I sometimes work on amps, but not a lot. If it just needs biasing, that's no biggie at all; I'd do that for you.
Cool. I'm busier than hell right now but I'm thinking maybe at the end of summer/early fall I'm gonna go through my amps and see what I want to sell, what I want to keep and what needs a little TLC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i've only ever bought from bmsanborn on ebay. he's often got a nice line up of mostly sovtek & sed stuff. he's also had eh tubes. solid warranty from this guy if you do run into problems.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts