The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I think you may offend some with that vid. At least it was over in a blink of an eye

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
If you are offended then stay home because that shit is out there whether it's a deer or bullwinkle coming into your cab. Although I can understand how these days some precious flowers would rather give up their own lives than take out a moose. And that's their call so amongst them be it.

·
Registered
24,696 Posts
When you teach university, you tend to get all sorts of weird and far-fetched excuses for writing mid-terms or finals on a different day than scheduled. Some are weird, but legit. One kid came to see me a few days before the mid-term to ask for a deferral. He had been driving with his mother and they collided with a moose. All he remembers is that he woke up in the back seat of the car with a moose's head in his lap and a whole lotta glass in his face. I gather he knew they had collided with a moose, based on what he had in his lap, and what the paramedics told him. After they were done removing the glass, his face looked like some sort of Frankenstein quilt. Just an absolute mess of stitches running in every direction. The kid said he was having difficulty remembering things. Sometimes, you wonder if some of these kids are telling the truth, but not this time. I let him have the deferral.

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
I'm not too into these things myself. I'm more into animal versus animal in nature. You ever see those desert spider things fight? Guh..ross

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not too into these things myself. I'm more into animal versus animal in nature. You ever see those desert spider things fight? Guh..ross
A little bit, but not much.

I've seen cats tear mice and rat's heads off though. That stays with you.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
When I was a teenager in the BC interior the bull moose would challenge the freight trains during rut.
Probably nothing more obstinate then a moose during rutting season.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
If you are offended then stay home because that shit is out there whether it's a deer or bullwinkle coming into your cab. Although I can understand how these days some precious flowers would rather give up their own lives than take out a moose. And that's their call so amongst them be it.
Not everyone here has redneck values. It does not mean you are a "flower" if you respect wildlife. And yes, I'd go to evasive driving techniques to not have that animal kill me through the windshield, because I'm not a ye-haw-he-haw coal roller with a cow catcher...I drive a normal pick up

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Not everyone here has redneck values. It does not mean you are a "flower" if you respect wildlife. And yes, I'd go to evasive driving techniques to not have that animal kill me through the windshield, because I'm not a ye-haw-he-haw coal roller with a cow catcher...I drive a normal pick up
I agree 100%!

To say someone is a "flower" just because they respect the lives of living creatures!

Redneck: the glorious absence of sophistication

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
..........I'd go to evasive driving techniques to not have that animal kill me through the windshield, because I'm not a ye-haw-he-haw coal roller with a cow catcher...I drive a normal pick up
The truck in the video is a semi so he can't do anything to avoid hitting it. There was no time and there was snow on the roads so he just has to hold his line or he'd lose control and be dead in the ditch. Smaller vehicle you'd obviously have to try and miss it or risk having it come through the windshield. Saw an F150 that hit 3 or 4 cows that were on the road at night; it was a fine mess but the driver was OK.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I agree 100%!

To say someone is a "flower" just because they respect the lives of living creatures!

Redneck: the glorious absence of sophistication
I wouldn't call it glorious, but he rest is pretty much on the mark. Ive lived all over Ontario in both cities and the country. Prefer country/small town living but often get tired of the "thirty years behind the times" some rural people can be.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
That's why when I used to go up north Ontario all the truckers ran with flood lights at night if there was no traffic coming. I don't even think this guy had his high beams on. Some things can't be avoided but some are preventable.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts