The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I am looking for a little advice or maybe a little trouble shooting help. I have been subbing in with this band that plays really really loud, so I have been dragging out my '59 bassman, but on the last couple of gigs there just isn't enough volume to be heard over the band. sounds silly because I am sure I could peel paint with that amp and I am not really complainig, i mean what guitar player says "hey guys can we turn the band down, my amp is all crunchy, compressed with singing harmonics.... we need to turn down and get rid of that..." but the other guitar player is using a HR deluxe and seems to be louder. I have changed tubes, everything seems to work well enough. How would you check for a blown speaker? Does the Bassman just project poorly in the 4-8 foot range? Or is the HR series just that much louder than a Bassman?

Aaron.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
aaron lowen said:
Alright so I am looking for a little advice or maybe a little trouble shooting help. I have been subbing in with this band that plays really really loud, so I have been dragging out my '59 bassman, but on the last couple of gigs there just isn't enough volume to be heard over the band. sounds silly because I am sure I could peel paint with that amp and I am not really complainig, i mean what guitar player says "hey guys can we turn the band down, my amp is all crunchy, compressed with singing harmonics.... we need to turn down and get rid of that..." but the other guitar player is using a HR deluxe and seems to be louder. I have changed tubes, everything seems to work well enough. How would you check for a blown speaker? Does the Bassman just project poorly in the 4-8 foot range? Or is the HR series just that much louder than a Bassman?

Aaron.
:eek: :eek:

HR Deluxe shouldnt' be louder. HR Deville would be.

You can bring it by for check up if you want. We'll make sure it's biased up properly with your tube changes and compare it to mine which has more efficient P10Qs in it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts