The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_1596.JPG

Just got this ElevenRack in a trade. I needed stereo fx and I now I got 'em!
I quickly assembled a w/d/w setup and I'm having a blast!
We guitar players live in the best of times, man.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm running the 11r, stereo, through the Rivera into the Fryette 2x12 cab on top.
Later today I'm going to make some supports so I can lay the 2x12 on its back behind the 4x12, firing up, so I can get better "ambient" fx.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMG_1601.JPG

This sounded even better than I'd hoped! No directionality of the delays - they just hang in the air everywhere in the room.

I don't think I've tried a Digital Modeller for a decade. I know this isn't the newest or bestest unit these days but it's more than adequate for my needs. FX are great and there are tonnes of ways to modify the sounds. Amps are a blast to play! These things have really improved. I'm running the unit into a tube power amp so I'm getting the benefits of tubes in the chain, so that could be part of it.

Now all I need is a mic and I can record clips for you all! Soon, I hope. Soon.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Solid sounding unit the 11r, a classic that will live forever in some studios!
I have all the stompboxes in plugin version for Pro Tools and they are terrific, use them four recording and mixing

·
Registered
772 Posts
I like the cut of your jib.

Your joie de vivre with gear is just a nice change from the gloomy tone snobs. Although I must say, you still have some super enviable gear.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the cut of your jib.

Your joie de vivre with gear is just a nice change from the gloomy tone snobs. Although I must say, you still have some super enviable gear.
You can see my jib in the photos? How embarrassing!

One of my biggest recording heroes is Tom Waites, and a big reason for that is his ability to find a musical use for any sound that exists. So, for the most part, if my Tone is "bad" it's because I'm using it wrong, not because the sound, itself, is offensive.

As for my gear, if I didn't enjoy playing it nearly every day I'd be embarrassed by my riches, but I mostly consider myself lucky. Thanks for the compliments!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts