The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Like :

Balvenie, Lagaluvin, Oban, Glengoyne,Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich, Dalwhinnie. These are the ones that I can name off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I've only just started getting into scotch, but so far I'm liking The Macallan - had a bottle of 18 year old that was very nice. Bought myself a 3 pack "sampler" over christmas that I haven't dipped into yet - came with a bottle of Glenkinchie, Dalwhinnie and Oban.

Cheers,
Joe

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
12 year old Highland Park, but if you ever have the coin, sample the 30 year old Highland Park. There is a LCBO outlet in Toronto that will let you have a shot for $5. I think the 26oz. bottle is about $350. Amazing stuff! Will cure you of anything.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
+1 for the Belvenie. I shared half a bottle of Belvenie Founders Reserve with some friends at Christmas time. They now consider me their best friend.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Lagavulin, Talisker and Bowmore in that order. That said, for the price of a bottle of good single malt these days you can almost buy a guitar pedal. What the heck happened? I haven't bought a bottle in a few years now for that reason which isn't entirely bad since I can therefore rationalize buying the good stuff when I go out to a bar, especially given how rarely as that happens these days.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Accept2 said:
3M, very useful stuff..........
As much as I use 3M products, I tend to favour either the Glenfiddich 15-year and also the Balvanie 10-year. I received a bottle of Aberlour 10-year old for christmas that is quite good.

For those who enjoy their spirits without mix, I recommend Tangle Ridge rye whisky right out of the Canadian Rockies (has a slight hint of vanilla). My old favourite when working in Cuba is Havana Club 7-year old Rum straight out of the ice box...sweet as candy. In a word "delightful". Havanna Club Anejo Reserve is also great if you happen to come across it in Canada.

One has to be careful though, as to not Scotchguard their liver with too much of a good thing.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I love single malts like Glenfiddich & Glenlivit. Would love to try the Macallan sometime, but I don't a single malt type budget.

I'm really liking Forty Creek rye these days.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Vinegar on the rocks

lolligagger said:
As much as I use 3M products, I tend to favour either the Glenfiddich 15-year and also the Balvanie 10-year. I received a bottle of Aberlour 10-year old for christmas that is quite good.

For those who enjoy their spirits without mix, I recommend Tangle Ridge rye whisky right out of the Canadian Rockies (has a slight hint of vanilla). My old favourite when working in Cuba is Havana Club 7-year old Rum straight out of the ice box...sweet as candy. In a word "delightful". Havanna Club Anejo Reserve is also great if you happen to come across it in Canada.

One has to be careful though, as to not Scotchguard their liver with too much of a good thing.
Thats right.........if you're having a scotch at eight in the morning...........something is a rye...........just had to throw that in.
Glenifiddich is the one for me......although its only a couple of times a year.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Macallan's, no contest, although I do like Glenfiddich and Glenlivet, and I have an 18yr old Highland Park that I'm working on right now that is really nice, in fact, I don't think I've ever met a single malt that I didn't like. :food-smiley-004:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts