I can't stop going through delays. In the past year I've had:

Digitech Digidelay
Boss Space Echo
Diamond Memory Lane
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss DD-3
TC Nova Delay
EHX Deluxe Memory Man

- and I have a Wampler AnalogEcho on the way.

I still have the DigiDelay and the DMM. For me, the best tone comes from the DMM, with the DML a *very* close second. Both of these pedals are amazing.

I also really liked the CC. Great pedal for the money, IMO.

Hated the Space Echo. Way too noisy.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
For me, the best tone comes from the DMM, with the DML a *very* close second. Both of these pedals are amazing.
I agree. I had a DML-20 III that produced some of the craziest modulated delays I've ever heard. I still regret selling that one. I should try and track down another. As much as I love the modulated delay on the DMM, the DML could do things the DMM can't even begin to dream of!

·
Premium Member
282 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
Mark makes my brain explode.

But in the best possible way!

Thanks for the VOLUMES of knowledge.

FWIW, I'm really liking the Nova Delay. I find it to be surprisingly organic for a digital delay (I much prefer it to the Timefactor). The tape/analog thing is a bit of a misnomer – it's more or less a tone control.

But the BPM/millisecond readout and the strum-tempo are simply killer features.

Modulation is very lush, if you don't mind the chorus variety (as opposed to the vibrato variety).
I also am really liking my ND. It's even got me bothering to learn some U2.

I agree with the two killer features. I now couldn't live without the strum-tempo or the BPM readout. I wished it had an expression pedal input, but for "bang for the buck", it was hard to beat (<$200 after-tax dollars used, or about the same as a new CC).

I also kinda wished it had a looper, but that wasn't such a big deal as I'll (probably?) never use a looper at a gig - more just screwing around at home. So it was hard to justify the extra money to get a delay that sounded as good as the ND and have a looper funtion. I'll pick up a cheap looper somewhere since, considering its lot in life I won't care nearly as much about how good it will sound.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Just my opinion -

MXR Carbon Copy - sterile sounding. I'm not a huge fan. There are better cheap deals out there. The new EH Memory Toy is analog and true bypass for under (or around $100). I haven't heard it yet.
EH Deluxe Memory Man - My favorite by a long shot. Priced right too. A lush warm delay with nice modulation. I loved it from the second I plugged it in. I have the Memory Boy coming this week. It looks great too.

I've owned or played a few more, but these stick out in my head right now.
the memory boy is going to fall right between the carbon copy and the DMM as far as quality of the repeats go. not as crisp as the DMM but not as grainy as the carbon on long settings. the memory boy is much harder to dial in than either of the others though and has a few *quirks*.

right now i have all three hooked up. the DMM is staying forever. it could go either way with the MB and CC though.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
the memory boy is going to fall right between the carbon copy and the DMM as far as quality of the repeats go. not as crisp as the DMM but not as grainy as the carbon on long settings. the memory boy is much harder to dial in than either of the others though and has a few *quirks*.

right now i have all three hooked up. the DMM is staying forever. it could go either way with the MB and CC though.
At least it's smaller than the DMM.:smile: The modulation sounds crazy (in a good way) in the demos I've heard.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts