The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like my DD-3 but have been considering getting a GoudieFX delay.

What do you use and what do you like about it?:confused-smiley-010

(A little ulterior motive hear. I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to get another delay pedal.)

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Stratin2traynor, I used a DD3 for years and have replaced it with the GoudieFX Delay. I'm not a heavy delay user so Russ' pedal works for me. The DD3 sounded sterile when I A/Bed the 2 pedals.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chesterb said:
TTE

warm sounding and being all tube it fattens up your tone.
...and empties your wallet. Those things are like $1000. I've never tried one myself so I can't comment on the sound. But...it had better be awesome!!

I believe that deep deep down inside me, a rationalization process has begun in support of the purchase of yet another pedal. The ideas are still churning away.

As for the DD-3, I had mine modded by Greg at Solid Gold Sound Labs. He added a switch to toggle between standard digital delay and simulated analog delay. It sounds pretty good actually. There is quite a difference between the two and it's definitely a keeper.

I have a Deluxe Memory Man but I find it a pain in the $&% to adjust. I love the tone when I can dial it in right. Nice, warm analog tone. Maybe I don't have a solid understanding of the controls because as soon as I adjust one of the dials I screw it all up. I want to get something a little simpler and easier to adjust.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I love my Danelectro Danecho, great sounding delay, and I'm also really happy with my Ibanez DE-7, it's a little harsher sounding but what I use it for it works really well.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I've had great success with the Digitech Digidelay. I've had mine for a few years and I've used it for a bunch of different sounds. Its the only pedal which I havent considered replacing on my board.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have to admit that after starting this thread I decided to really give my Electro Harmonix DMM a try. I don't use delay very often and only bought the DMM because it was such a great deal I couldn't pass it up. (No it's not hot!) So I spent a few hours today messing around with both my modded Boss DD-3 and my DMM. First I checked the net for video demoes of the unit then experimented with what I learned. I found the DD-3 to be a good sounding easy to use delay. When I AB'd the two, the DMM came out the clear winner soundwise - plus it has the added option of Chorus/Vibrato which can be handy. As for the controls, once I found out exactly what each one did, I was off to the races. Both great pedals for my needs but the DMM came out on top for sweet analog delay tones with options.

:food-smiley-004:

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Diamond Memory Lane for me ... I love how long repeats start to decay and artifact, really adds to the whole "analogue" vibe.
Tap temp is a must and modulation sounds great. Also, EQ should be standard on all delay pedals IMHO ... the DML has it all!

·
Registered
132 Posts
The memory lane is awesome for sure. For my rig I use an Eventide rack unit and it's the best delay and other FX I've ever heard. The new pedals look cool too.

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
I don't know if it will help but the Boss Corporation put some sounds sample with the settings to show you how their pedals works and sound! Maybe a little useless for the ones who buy the effects new but for the one with no user guide it's a really great place with examples!

To see the demos just click on the model and chose the Demos options. Don't panic, nothing will happens at this moment you will have to click again on the "click" button !
Enjoy !

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
I have to admit to being a bit of a delay junkie. Right now I have a DM-2, DM-3, DD-3, Ibanex DL-10, H20, and a Digidelay. I usually cycle two on my board - currently the H20 and the Digidelay. I use the Digidelay in my lead loop with the tap tempo enabled and set the tempo for each song and then it's ready to go when I hit the loop. The H20 sits outside and is set more for slapback for the occasional tune where I want it on throughout.

I would love to pick up a Memory Lane though and that new Empress sounds sick. Just a little pricey right now for my tastes.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
KHINGPYNN said:
My alltime fav is an old Loco Box Anolog Delay as seen on this page... http://www.locobox.com/80s.html. i used to own one back in the 80's what a great delay... got stolen. Currently my fav is a Visual Sound H2O.

Khing
Locobox make great pedals. I contributed some pics to that page, you should find my name there. :tongue:

1 - 20 of 127 Posts