The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me. it's a toss-up between my 60's Marshall Supa-Fuzz (have had it so long I can't remember where I got it from originally, but I got it rebuilt last year and love the creamy, subtle fuzz) and my King Vox-Wah that my parents gave me for Christmas 35 years ago when I was about 14 (I got that pedal rebuilt by Geoffrey Teese who produces the RMC line of wahs-what a great guy and an absolute Wah nut!-we spent a lot of time on the phone when he was doing the rebuild, and then more recently when I was trying to set it up for an external power supply I looked up his email address and emailed him and he replied pretty much instantly and we kept up the email traffic until I was satisfied with the way it was working!).
I am always interested to hear what old pedals are still in circulation and being used regularly, so let's hear about some more of them!
-Mikey
An interesting footnote to this subject is that I bought an old rackmount Aphex Aural Exciter from a local second-hand furniture shop (yeah, really!) quite a few years ago and had almost forgotten about it until a friend of mine was mooning about how he would love to find one for his studio because it is the only processor that he ever thought made his voice sound the way he wanted in the studio. I took it over to his place and it now holds a slot in his rack of goodies-love it when the old stuff gets back into circulation!

·
Premium Member
10,933 Posts
Don't have anything left from the '70s or '80s, though I wish I'd kept those early Boss distortion stomp boxes and MXR phaser. The oldest one I have and use is a ten year old George Dennis guitar and bass volume/wah. I never see folks use George Dennis pedals, but I like this one.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
26 Posts
+1 on the supa fuzz.Ihave that and its mate the supa wah.my personal favorite though is my small box 80s RAT

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Don't have anything left from the '70s or '80s, though I wish I'd kept those early Boss distortion stomp boxes and MXR phaser. The oldest one I have and use is a ten year old George Dennis guitar and bass volume/wah. I never see folks use George Dennis pedals, but I like this one.

Peace, Mooh.
I have one of the George Dennis volume pedals with the optical contraption on it... have had some issues. My oldest stomp is a 70's Muff Pi

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
here's a pic of the only old pedal I hung onto, Gibson Maestro. Back when fuzz was fuzz.

·
Premium Member
4,181 Posts
The oldest pedals I have are the following. Mostly mid to late 80s.

Morley BSV Stereo Volume
Boss DF-2 Super Distortion/Feedbacker (Black Label - MIJ)
Dunlop GCB95 (which was modded by Russ Goudie earlier this year)

·
Registered
40 Posts
'80s Boss DS-1, made in Japan.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
This one is really cool, but I sold it recently.

This is a very nice phaser, and likely the oldest pedal I own right now.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
An early 70's Royal wah/fuzz, you can either use it as a straight fuzz, or a straight wah or both at once, and a Boss ph-1 that I bought new in either 77 or 78 I think.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Definatly my '74 EH Big Muff. Best distortion pedal ever made without a doubt.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, those old Electro Harmonix pedals FX were great. A buddy of mine had an LPB-2 (linear power booster), I think it was, plugged into the output jack on the guitar with a 1/4 inch out to the amp. What a cool little toy.
-Mikey

·
Premium Member
10,933 Posts
Yeah, my George Dennis pedal had optical sensor issues, but it has worked great after the service.

This thread has brought back memories I thought I had suppressed of a John Bellone (store in London) passive volume pedal. I used it initially for lapsteel volume swells and as a simple defeat pedal in my early (late 70s) electric rig. It worked great at home but always messed up live. I think it was possessed. The subsequent Morley was much better.

Not sure how old my DOD 270 a/b box is but it's a tank that's never failed.

I'm a sucker for effects and stomp boxes even though they don't get a lot of use. If there's an antidote, I don't want to know.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ehx 1979

woo , i love my two electro harmonix , my big muff 1979 true bypass and bad stone phase shifter 1979 , those are amazing pedals , just love them so much!!!!. i must say also my boss hr-2 harmonist im not shure about the year 1988 o something like that ..but just beautiful and crazy harmonizer..

·
Registered
17 Posts
My original Rat is a perenial favorite. Sure there is no true bypass or touch sensitive response...just great gritty dirt that really makes a clean amp sing.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
"Ah, nostalgia isn't what it used to be!"

ColorSound Fuzz/Wah, with a stamp inside that says "Aug 1974".

Every so often I put another inch or two of shielded wire inside and knock out yet another radio station!

Shades of Spinal Tap...:eek:

·
Registered
365 Posts
It's not that old but I really dig my 80's Boss PH-1r Phaser. Some effects are just meant to be analog!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts