The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this online--just going to leave it out there...

The answers aren't difficult.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I don't understand this.

Is this a riddle or something?
Lola, it appears to be an album of Les Paul's music (the guitar player who designed the most famous Gibson) with a photo of a Fender.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
No bridge and saddle, input jack, control knobs and (possibly) pickups on the guitar in the pic?

Oh, and it has the wrong number of pickguard screws for that year and model of Strat. That one is a giveaway.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
No bridge and saddle, input jack, control knobs and (possibly) pickups on the guitar in the pic?

Oh, and it has the wrong number of pickguard screws for that year and model of Strat. That one is a giveaway.
Good eye there Dave!

·
Registered
24,359 Posts
I have a Dutch pressing of Les Paul's greatest hits, and I have to say it is one of the best-engineered highest-quality presssings I've ever owned.

But yeah, JOhn is right. What the hell is a left-handed guitar doing on the cover of a Les Paul record?

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Lola, it appears to be an album of Les Paul's music (the guitar player who designed the most famous Gibson) with a photo of a Fender.
Don't worry Lola, I didn't get it either. Only Les Paul or Fender aficionados would recognize this right away. I guess neither one of us fit that bill.

Reactions: Lola

·
Registered
981 Posts
I think the design team at Gibson designed the Les Paul under Ted McCarty's watch, and they got Les Paul to endorse it.
You are correct, McCarty and his team designed and built the prototype. Les Paul was brought in to endorse it and did have a few suggestions for improvement but apparently they were just cosmetic.

·
Premium Member
9,712 Posts
Looks like a Chinese counterfeit cover.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Well, I guess Les would be happy that for some people, the first thing they think of when they see his name is his musical output, rather than some iconic guitar!
:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts