The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually picked this up off of TGP (the picture, not the guitar), and it is a really nice guitar made by a very reputable builder.

I was immediately struck by something which seams very odd to me, but I was wondering if anyone else picked up on it. I then checked the manufacturers web page and noticed that all of these models are like this.

Anyone else see anything strange in this picture? I wanted to ask the guy on TGP if he noticed what I did, but I didn't want to get him riled up over nothing.

I don't know what this thing is worth, but I suspect that it is in the high end range, which is why I am suprised to see this sort of thing on this guitar.

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Never knew that... just curious, why do they use 2? Just meant to throw the balance off a bit?
I think it allows for more flexibility in terms of the balance of the guitar and also makes it more stable when resting on it's butt, leaning against an amp.

I don't know if they really considered that second point in their design process but it's true.

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
The bridge is off-centre too. High E string is closer to the edge than the low E.
I think that may just be the camera angle. It's hard enought to imagine a Moore with incorrct PUP spacing, but a misplaced bridge seems very unlikely to me.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I actually picked this up off of TGP (the picture, not the guitar), and it is a really nice guitar made by a very reputable builder.

I was immediately struck by something which seams very odd to me, but I was wondering if anyone else picked up on it. I then checked the manufacturers web page and noticed that all of these models are like this.

Anyone else see anything strange in this picture? I wanted to ask the guy on TGP if he noticed what I did, but I didn't want to get him riled up over nothing.

I don't know what this thing is worth, but I suspect that it is in the high end range, which is why I am suprised to see this sort of thing on this guitar.

It looks like the neck p/u is where it is because of the cut/carve on the bottom horn. The top right corner of the p/u ring would hang out past where the carve starts if it were perfectly inline with the other p/u and strings.

Something else I see on this guitar that bothers me is the tape job they did when spraying the top. They let too much of the natural show from the top/front view IMO.

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
Fwiw, two strap buttons are quite common on hotrodded and custom guitars and basses. Two give you choices when using straplocks for changing positions to relieve muscle tension, allows more flexible use of one axe by multiple players and straps, one strap for multiple axes, and lets the axe be stable when stood up. Most of my solidbodies have been retrofitted with this arrangement and I like it.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Looks like a cool guitar. Far too many times pictures dont tell the story, and once in awhile you can make a killer score because some boob took pictures that make something look like somethings wrong without knowing it. Of course the opposite is even more true, sometimes you can get suckered in with pictures of a turd, where the pictures are taken so well, you wouldnt know the guitar was a turd, like those Chinese Gibson and Ibanez knockoffs..........

·
Administrator
15,983 Posts
Fwiw, two strap buttons are quite common on hotrodded and custom guitars and basses. Two give you choices when using straplocks for changing positions to relieve muscle tension, allows more flexible use of one axe by multiple players and straps, one strap for multiple axes, and lets the axe be stable when stood up. Most of my solidbodies have been retrofitted with this arrangement and I like it.

Peace, Mooh.
I have two on my Schecter Tradition S and really like it.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The bridge is off-centre too. High E string is closer to the edge than the low E.
You nailed it. That and the pickups not linining up with the strings. This is the first thing I look at when I do QC on a guitar so I thought it was odd to see it on a high end guitar that actually made it to the customer.

In all fairness, the builder/company should remain nameless because this could have happened durring shipping, or the player might have requested that the space be bigger on the low side, or the picture could be off - whatever the case it's not intended to be a bashing of the brand.

The pickups don't match the string spacing, which isn't necessary bad or wrong as the pickups used here may not be available to match the string spacing for the guitar. In the high dollar market, I would kind of expected them to be centered on the middle strings, but again, the builder may have done this on purpose for reasons that I do not understand.

·
Registered
596 Posts
You nailed it. That and the pickups not linining up with the strings. This is the first thing I look at when I do QC on a guitar so I thought it was odd to see it on a high end guitar that actually made it to the customer.

In all fairness, the builder/company should remain nameless because this could have happened durring shipping, or the player might have requested that the space be bigger on the low side, or the picture could be off - whatever the case it's not intended to be a bashing of the brand.

The pickups don't match the string spacing, which isn't necessary bad or wrong as the pickups used here may not be available to match the string spacing for the guitar. In the high dollar market, I would kind of expected them to be centered on the middle strings, but again, the builder may have done this on purpose for reasons that I do not understand.
Translation: "What a piece of crap!"

IMO of course.. feel free to flame me for the negativity. Andy, you're safe due to your impeccable political correctness far exceeding my own :bow:

·
Premium Member
13,026 Posts
It's an Anderson. The guy who bought had no complaints about the tone.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Some people measure a guitars greatness with a ruler. I think the best way is with fingers...............

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just to be a little more clear - it was what's wrong with the picture, not what's wrong with the guitar. The angle that the pic was taken at could be the root of the issue. I've never seen the guitar, and I don't want to bring it up with the owner as I don't know him at all.

I'm sure the guitar plays fine and the owner appears to be a happy camper. The picture just struck me as odd and I had wanted to see if anyone else saw what I saw.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts