The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,332 Posts
That's a shame. Some of the more interesting pedals of late have come from Digitech. I suppose there just MIGHT be a silver lining. All those folks will still want/need jobs, come June 22, so maybe they'll end up at other companies that also have an ongoing interest in interesting pedals. Imagine if the folks who gave us the Freqout, Ricochet, and Trio went to Source Audio, Strymon, Catalinbread, Chase Bliss, or Keeley.

·
Registered
662 Posts
That’s unfortunate; I love my DOD Gunslinger and I like messing around with my Digitech Death metal to put that shit eating grin on my face.

I’m surprised this has happened. They were actually coming out with some cool tech in the last decade, and I’d love to try some more of their stuff.

I’d like to believe this will turn into something really good for the pedal community, at least for the sake of all of these dedicated men and women who have gotten the axe.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is exacly why I am surprised. This team brings back DOD and Digitech in the game and now they cutting them off. I know business is business but still surprising nothingless.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Big fish eat little fish and spit out the bones.

Harmon bought Digitech, Samsung bought Harmon...

My guess is that Samsung are only interested in some of the assets and IP of Harmon companies. They will sell what is worth selling and abandon the rest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts