The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,254 Posts
That's a loaded question man, the short answer is that it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Personally people writing on a guitar irritates me and a Daisy rock would be something I'd buy for my kid to have at.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was originally a fund raiser for a radio station in Edmonton I am told. Yes, I realize that is worth what someone is willing to pay! They are asking $7000 lol

·
Registered
12,855 Posts
except for smokin joe & evh i couldn't give a shit less about any of those guys. add to it the crap guitar, and i'd say it's worth a 3 pc with 2 sides and a medium drink

·
Premium Member
4,039 Posts
It was originally a fund raiser for a radio station in Edmonton I am told. Yes, I realize that is worth what someone is willing to pay! They are asking $7000 lol
Give the $7K in cash to the charity, with the tax credit buy a Daisy (with change left over) and collect the signatures as a side project. Maybe with the exception of Sting, you should be able to get the signatures!

On a serious note, some artists are being selective or refusing to sign goods based on bad experiences. Johnny A is one - he signed a guitar that ended up for an auction that he did not want any association with. I believe he has stopped signing guitars.

·
Registered
12,855 Posts
On a serious note, some artists are being selective or refusing to sign goods based on bad experiences. Johnny A is one - he signed a guitar that ended up for an auction that he did not want any association with. I believe he has stopped signing guitars.
his signature guitar is really sweet though. it's my lottery guitar. some people dream of owning a ferrari. i dream of owning a hardtail johnny a

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Technology Fictional character Space Games
I would never buy it, it was more a joke than anything:) I would never pay that, but I do collect stuff, and know some signatures are valuable. Grabbed these tonight in hopes of getting #99 to sign them:) gold plated Gretzky rookie cards

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Without Chip Foose's signature? Probably next to nothing.

With his signature? The sky is the limit, my friend, the sky is the limit.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Tell them to take it to Silver and Gold Pawn in Las Vegas instead of Red Deer

They can make it on a tv show and get laughed at there

·
Registered
26 Posts
Honest answer here.....If I was interested, and I am not....I would pay $300 - 500 for it as a wall hanging in my man cave.....if that makes any sense. The artists are legendary and you have the paperwork. But we are the wrong people to ask anyway. I am curious to what it is worth if you ever get it appraised.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
What it's worth is the price of a used Daisy Rock Guitar less the amount it will cost to get that writing off of it.

What someone with a hole in their pocket or purse and their head, will pay for it is likely around $7000.00.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I think 300 to 500 is about right..... My favorite name is Lindsey Buckingham, he is such a great musician.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts