The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
24,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By now, I imagine that "the Houston thing" has impacted gas prices where you are. So what are you paying?

I am SOOOO happy I filled up yesterday when it was 113.9, because today it was 131.9.*#*(

I'm hoping I can stretch this tank out for a few weeks. Gotto be hard on those folks who have no choice but to drive big distances daily. Not Houston-hard (or Windsor-hard for that matter), but hard.

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
It was about 130 so I just looked the other way when I was filling the tank. Most of gas prices is taxes so that the obscene creatures that get elected can piss your money down holes on dumb ass feel good projects and wealth redistribution schemes which turn to shit just like everything else they touch.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
It was about 130 so I just looked the other way when I was filling the tank. Most of gas prices is taxes so that the obscene creatures that get elected can piss your money down holes on dumb ass feel good projects and wealth redistribution schemes which turn to shit just like everything else they touch.
I don't think they have anything to do with it when the cause of the hikes is theoretically on hurricanes and wars.

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
I don't think they have anything to do with it when the cause of the hikes is theoretically on hurricanes and wars.
Certainly the recent increase is from US refinery production going down. But taxes are a huge part of it regardless and the Ontario government just added about 10 cents a litre for carbon or whatever. Gas should be a lot cheaper here than it is. We are a major exporter of oil to the US but the entire system of government here is seriously off the rails - just look at that emasculated gerbil that they elected as prime minister and that thing in Ontario. They will both be re-elected next time around too.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Certainly the recent increase is from US refinery production going down. But taxes are a huge part of it regardless and the Ontario government just added about 10 cents a litre for carbon or whatever. Gas should be a lot cheaper here than it is. We are a major exporter of oil to the US but the entire system of government here is seriously off the rails - just look at that emasculated gerbil that they elected as prime minister and that thing in Ontario. They will both be re-elected next time around too.
I don't argue with you, but not sure I agree with your last point. I dont think many are impressed with either(?)

·
Registered
329 Posts
You are so right but I pray to god your re-election prediction does not happen!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
$1.08 here, up from a buck in one shot.
The US has gone up average 10 cents per gallon, we go up about 10 cents (or more) per litre. Math is hard. ;)

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
I was just reading an article today that the Houston shut down affected only about 25% of national capacity (of refining lots of Canadian oil) and that they are going back to work this weekend and firing things back up again. Wait until the next quarterly report on income, I bet they do pretty well. No wages to pay for a bit and jacking the price (I won't even get into the morbid tax thing...ewwww), they will make a killing. Seems to me, they ought to be a bit more generous with their win fall profits and help out a bit. They make disgusting amounts of profits as it is without taking advantage of a situation like this. Almost akin to war profiteering to me.

P

·
0 Posts
My car uses highest test. Higher prices mean WAY higher for super high test.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
In Barrie yesterday, $131.9 for gasoline (up roughly 20 cents from pre-Harvey), $108.9 for diesel (up roughly six cents).

It's amazing how quickly the higher-priced fuel due to Harvey's destruction got into the tanks of all retailers here in Canada. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,320 Posts
We shot up to 1.049 we were at 90.9 until just the other day. Reading this tread makes the 104 a little bit easier to swallow. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
$1.45 this morning.

I filled up last week for $1.25 (at Costco, usually 7 or 8 cents cheaper than everywhere else) and am hoping I can limp along till it drops back down again. But 1 tank at that price won't kill me.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts